Windows 10: Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network

Discus and support Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, bit of a problem with my homegroup on my windows 10 network... I've got 3 windows 10 pc's, named "DavePC" (mine - windows 10 64bit Pro)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Groggubus, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network

Hi guys, bit of a problem with my homegroup on my windows 10 network...

I've got 3 windows 10 pc's, named "DavePC" (mine - windows 10 64bit Pro) "MediaCentre" (media centre - windows 10 64 bit Home) and "ChrisPC" (wife's windows 10 64bit Home). DavePC can't join the homegroup, when i run "join a homegroup" it finds the homegroup, asks for the password, then tries to join, the green bar scrolls for AGES, then says the homegroup doesn't exist anymore.

Also, the following issues present. MediaCentre can see all 3 pc's however, can only access shared libraries on itself, and can't see any lirbaries on other pc's. Similarly, ChrisPC can see it's own libraries, the other 2 pc's, but can't access libraries on the other pc's. I'll attach relevant photos to show what i mean.

All 3 pc's are running the latest version of windows 10, and were clean installs, not upgrades from windows 8/7.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
    thanks
    Dave.

:)

Groggubus, Jun 25, 2016

2. Homegroup Troubleshooting

I have review previous posts and tried those fixes but still having problems.

I have 3 PC's all running Win 10. PC#1 created the homegroup. PC#2 was immediately invited and joined the same homegroup. PC#3 cannot see any homegroup on the network. All 3 PC's can see each other on the network. Troubleshooters for both homegroup
    and networking cannot find a problem. PC#1 is on ethernet. PC#2 and PC#3 are wifi.

Charlie Brown Head, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Wysiwig Win User
    Windows 10 Homegroup

Laptop 1 is running Windows 10 (64 bit)

Laptop 2 is running Windows 10 (64 bit)

PC 1 is running Windows 7 Pro SP1

Laptop 1 shows all 3 computers connected to the network

Laptop 1 shows only Laptop 2 connected to the Homegroup.

Laptop 2 shows all 3 computers connected to the Network.

Laptop 2 shows itself and PC 1 connected to the Homegroup.

PC 1 shows all 3 computers connected to the Network.

PC 1 shows only Laptop 2 connected to the Homegroup.

I have run both the Network and Homegroup troubleshooters on all 3 machines and it is unable to find a problem.

I have removed all 3 computers from the Network and set it up again from scratch but the same problem persists.

I have restarted Homegroup Listener & Homegroup Provider (Admin/Services).

Next?

Wysiwig, Jun 25, 2016
Thema:

Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network

1. Homegroup Error, Small, 3 PC Network - Similar Threads - Homegroup Error Small

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. PC not visible in home network 3 pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not visible in home network 3 pc's: Hi everybody, I have a problem in my home network, made of 3 pc . One of them sees the other 2 while it is not visible by the others. Here find a description of the network: Pc A: desktop win10 home - wired Pc B: desktop win10 pro - wired Pc C: laptop win10 pro...
  5. Homegroup on PC

Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  6. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  7. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  8. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  9. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  10. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...