Windows 10: Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update

Discus and support Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have two computers in my WLAN (local home network via wireless). On one of the computers there's been Windows 7 (Home) installed. On the second -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrMistrzuch, May 26, 2018.

1. Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update

Hi,
    I have two computers in my WLAN (local home network via wireless). On one of the computers there's been Windows 7 (Home) installed. On the second - Windows 10 (home). I use router to connect the computer via Wi-Fi. I do not use any computer that acts as a server.
    I used to use Homegroup to share files (without access to the Internet) between my computers. After the last Windows 10 update (1803) there is no Homegroup in Windows 10 anymore, so I'm not able to use my Homegroup.

How can I copy and use files from the other computer? I do not want to use the Internet, so the cloud is not a good solution for me. I do not want to use USB turned on to my router to share any files.
    I have many files (on my computers) that change frequently, so I'm interested in a quick and stable, direct (via router; without the Internet) connection - just like Homegroup offers. I'm not intrested in installing any program or buying/using a Internet connection via VPN, P2P, torrent etc. I do not want to use any computer as a server either.

I'm quite advanced computer user. I can turn on Windows features like IIS, FTP and so on and then configurate them. I thought about IIS + SFTP + certificate (for SSL or TLSv1.2), but I am not sure that it's the only solution. Probably there's a much easier way to connect my computers.
    Due to the fact, that the Windows (I use) are Windows Home, I'm not able to use everything the Windows Pro offers.

I used Homegroup to sharing files and now I'm powerless because of the Windows 10 update.
    Everything I want is just to create a WLAN (for some Windows 7 Home and Windows 10 Home) using router. Simultaneously I want to have access to the Internet on each of the computers (but the montion between the computers should not use the Internet). Each of this computer has only one Wi-Fi Card. Only one has bluetooth.
    I live in the countryside (in Eastern Europe) and I have a very slow internet connection. Only a direct connection of computers (via the router) satisfies me. In addition, I'd like to have a safe connection (not via FTP or HTTP).

:)

MrMistrzuch, May 26, 2018
  2. KenLyle Win User

With Each major Win 10 and Win 7 update Homegroups are killed? Help?

Unfortunately, the HomeGroup troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

At this point I am inclined to believe the problem was a corrupt Windows 7 Update (the most recent one). And unfortunately "recovery" to a few weeks prior was unable to resolve the problem.

So the only solution is to attempt a full clean install of either Win 7 or Win 10, and say a prayer.

The Win 7 computer still has access to the wireless router and internet, it is just unable to connect to the HomeGroup to gain access to the shared Windows 10 printers like it did before (or anything else shared from the Win 10 computer).

KenLyle, May 29, 2018
  3. Deletion of Homegroup after version 1803 update

Is there any way to reinstall Homegroup after it was removed in the latest update. I need a file sharing app that works with Win7 and 10 and does not depend on the internet. If Homegroup is out, are there any suggestions on a similar replacement? I tried
    the File Explorer suggestion and it is not working out.

CraigCulver1, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update

1. Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Homegroup 1803 update

2. Win 10 1803 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1803 will not update: I have a win 10 installation that is version 1803I have tried for the last few weeks to update and it always fails I have followed advice on these forums and others with regards to ISO/MEDIA creation etc etc and it simply will not update. I do not want to clean install as I...
  3. Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update: My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803 I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension? Any thoughts, suggestions?...
  4. Sticky notes lost after win 10 1803 update

Sticky notes lost after win 10 1803 update: Hi, My machine got updated to Wind 10 1803 version yesterday. After that I was not able to locate sticky notes on my screen. I entered to "Add or remove program" option where I could see sticky note. I clicked on "advanced options". There I have found reset button...
  5. win 10 home activation gone after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 home activation gone after 1803 update: Hi my new acer swift 3 laptop came with pre installed windows 10 home....it was v1703 at first so I updated it to 1709 and then to 1803 through windows update.....till 1709 windows showed it was activated but after updating to1803 it says its not activated and the water mark...
  6. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone: Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map)....
  7. Win 10 1803 to 1809 update

Win 10 1803 to 1809 update: Good day one and all. My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1809 a while back, but my laptop/notebook running Win 10 version 1803 (As of a Check for updates today 15 Nov 2018 6:30 AM) still hasn't updated to 1809. I'm assuming the update 1803...
  8. WIN 10 1803 Update

WIN 10 1803 Update: Keeps downloading, installing, reinstating, resetting to previous state. Error 0x8007042B-0x4000D "The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA OPERATION". The above error occurred after my last attempt to update from the 1709 update...
  9. Win TV not functioning after Update 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win TV not functioning after Update 1803: *Smile I have Hauppage Win TV 8.5, which has ceased functioning properly after latest Microsoft joke, update 1803. Ok for sound, ok for scanning, but No picture. Anyone had this problem and is there a remedy? 110072
  10. Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10: Hello all, I am trying to share my files, mainly documents and pictures between my (3) laptops. On my 2 laptops running Windows 7 this is not a problem, but I am unable to share between Win. 7 and Win. 10. I can startup the homegroup, it will recognize the other device on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access homegroup computer after updgrae to 1803

2. reinstall homegroup windows 10