Windows 10: homegroup issue

Discus and support homegroup issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I set up a home group last night between my 2 PCs (desktop which i will call PC1 and laptop which I will call PC2) last night and a printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bruinator, Mar 20, 2017.

1. bruinator Win User

homegroup issue

Hi.

I set up a home group last night between my 2 PCs (desktop which i will call PC1 and laptop which I will call PC2) last night and a printer. Everything was working correctly after I shared everything on printers, C:..etc. This morning when I booted up all 3 devices I had trouble accessing the desktop of PC1 from PC2 under PC1's user's name and vise versa.

What would coz this and how do I fix it plz?

thx

:)

bruinator, Mar 20, 2017
  2. Larryvc Win User

Windows 10 can't leave "invited" Homegroup

I resolved this issue by creating a new Homegroup on a different machine. I then used that Homegroup key and even though it was asking for the key for the Homegroup that I was previously invited to, the new Homegroup key was accepted. I was then able to
    leave the Homegroup and create another without any further issues.

HTH

Larryvc, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Win 10 workgroup

Hi Elizabeth,

A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share files and printers. Using a homegroup makes sharing easier. Issues with homegroup occur if there are misconfigured settings. To troubleshoot your issue, we recommend running the HomeGroup Reset
    troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help us find the cause of the issue and fix it at the same time.

To run the troubleshooter:

• First, connect your Windows 10 PC to a home network, and make sure no other PCs in the homegroup are connected.
    • Then, run the
      HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter
    • Lastly, select Start, type HomeGroup, select it from the list of results, and then create a new homegroup.

Also, download and run this
    Find and fix problems with viewing computers or shared files in a homegroup
    , same thing with the HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter, it can automatically identify and fix the issue.

For more troubleshooting steps, refer to this article:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Update us on the result.

Marvelos Reg, Mar 20, 2017
  4. bruinator Win User

homegroup issue

Can i get some help plz?

bruinator, Mar 20, 2017
  5. I did the exact same thing with my set up and had no problems. Maybe because I have myself and G both with Administrator rights. Check your Homegroup privileges? Maybe you can look into that angle.

Good luck.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 20, 2017
  6. bruinator Win User
    That is all set up correctly. Is there anything else i can try? thx

bruinator, Mar 21, 2017
  7. I am sorry, but I don't know enough take you any further into the process. If you did manage to access everything, just with some difficulty, I'm guessing work one machine at a time in permissions and sharing settings. Maybe change one setting, and then set it back to where you had it?

I hope someone who does know what they're doing comes in with the help you need.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 21, 2017
  8. bruinator Win User

homegroup issue

Ok, I can see the the desktop of the client from the host of the homegroup but i get the following error message and vise versa:

homegroup issue [​IMG]

As far as i know all the permissions are set up correctly. Can someone help me with this plz?

thx

bruinator, Mar 23, 2017
  9. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi bruinator, search the forum using Homegroup Issues one Homegroup Problems. You'll find lots of advice for fixing. Many recommend using sharing setups that do not use a home group. I have never used one from XP to Win 7 to Win 10 and have never had a problem.

SoFine409, Mar 23, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Unless that is your desktop you wont have permissions to view it even locally on the pc as admin you cant get to another users desktop

Samuria, Mar 23, 2017
  11. bruinator Win User
    they are both my PCs and i am admin on both. I wouldnt be able to access it coz of it?

bruinator, Mar 23, 2017
  12. Samuria Win User
    Is it your desktop or another user if its your desktop if your connecting from another pc it wont be you the rights will be for \\pc1\jss if you connect from pc2 you will be \\pc2\jss not same person

Samuria, Mar 23, 2017
  13. bruinator Win User

homegroup issue

jss is the client PC and say john smith is the host pc. What would i need to do to have access to each others desktop then, plz?

bruinator, Mar 23, 2017
  14. bruinator Win User
    Can i get some more help here plz?

thx

bruinator, Mar 25, 2017
  15. bruinator Win User
    bump.....................

bruinator, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

homegroup issue

1. homegroup issue - Similar Threads - homegroup issue

2. Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices: Hello Everyone, I really could use some expert support. Before the home-group disappeared during a windows update; i was able to print files from my laptop in my kitchen to my printer in my bedroom which is attached to a desktop there. I have an older printer which is still...
  3. Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue

Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue: Hi, after the latest patch i can no longer access my network locations for example my laptop can no longer access shared folders on my main pc and vice versa, it is a really weird issue one that i newer had before and its a pretty big one :(, hopping you can help me out....
  4. Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...

Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...: Ever since the beginning of this year when MS removed the HomeGroup function, I've had a terrible time with file sharing on my home network. I am running one central Win10 desktop with two Win10 laptops in a home wifi environment that is stable and fast. All machines are...
  5. Cannot share or set permissions for default Folders - Homegroup Issue

Cannot share or set permissions for default Folders - Homegroup Issue: Dear All, I hope that someone can help me. I am setup as an administrator within Window 10. For some unknown reason I cannot share or set permissions for the default Documents folder Music folder or Printers and Drivers to be shared across a Homegroup. THE EXACT...
  6. Homegroup Issues/14986 build. Can't get either computer to sync time

Homegroup Issues/14986 build. Can't get either computer to sync time: I am unsure if this is the issue. I am continually been having trouble with this issue of getting the Homegroup to work lately. I run the troubleshooter and get the error regarding date/time sync. However, when I go to date and time settings and try to sync via either...
  7. HomeGroup Issues - Windows 10 1607 x64 & latest Updates

HomeGroup Issues - Windows 10 1607 x64 & latest Updates: Hi Everyone I'm having some HomeGroup issues as follows:- - Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates - Logged on as local Admin User to Desktop PC - Homegroup that was previously working now no longer working (this Desktop was used to create the Homegroup)...
  8. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  9. Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one

Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one: Yeah, same issue as many, it appears. In Windows 10, I have a Homegroup created by my laptop. But, not only can I not join it with other computers, but when I try with the laptop it says, "No Homegroup found". That's after telling me that the Homegroup exists and asks if I...
  10. Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!

Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!: Folks, I'm in need of an assist. I have 5 computers working nicely with one another on my homegroup. None of that matters since my wife's laptop is the one which doesn't work with the homegroup. I've read every tutorial and tried every step that I could find, to no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run homegroup reset troubleshooter