Windows 10: Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

Discus and support Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greshoff, May 14, 2018.

1. greshoff Win User

Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get these services back?
    Thanks

:)

greshoff, May 14, 2018

2. Homegroup is currently unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s check if the HomeGroup Provider and HomeGroup Listener is running on Windows background. If the services are not running on the Windows background, try to start the services manually.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press
      enter.

• Locate for HomeGroup Provider and
      HomeGroup Listener
      on the list.

• If the service is not running, right click on the service and click on
      start.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2018
  3. Can't connect to homegroup with windows 10

All are now active on both PCs:

• DNS client
    • Homegroup Provider
    • Peer Networking Grouping
    • Peer Networking Identity Manager
    • PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
    Also started Homegroup Listener on the secondary PC.

The second PC still does not see the homegroup created on the first PC.

dinosaurXU, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

1. Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services - Similar Threads - Homegroup Listener Homegroup

2. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup: In short, I have a dead computer : My dead computer is still showing on my homegroup. How do I remove please? Thanks in advance Sue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/65be341c-2c47-46e2-bf90-0e128244fc63
  3. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  4. homegroup

homegroup: Homegroup has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/3026f692-4c87-4c5d-b6b6-4bce30fe96a4
  5. Homegroup

Homegroup: The removal of Homegroup and Network from Windows 10 has left me with no means of communication between my PC and my Laptop. Is a new mechanism likely to emerge soon or if ever. I do not intend to use Onedrive....
  6. homegroup

homegroup: I am having problems with other homegroup computers accessing my shared folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/699ecc3e-0639-47c8-8c4d-e4f31f8a4700
  7. Homegroup

Homegroup: Can anyone from microsoft explain to me why my home group is no longer working after my computers automatically updated in the middle of the night. I use this on a regular basis. Now i cannot. and to be quite honest i am pissed right off. do the techs at microsoft not...
  8. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  9. Homegroup

Homegroup: So many have given Microsoft feedback about Homegroup but they are not listening. I have a number of pc's in the home and need to be able to see each other. I am now only using version 240 because that one works, or is there a way to do it on 10565. I am lost 27604
  10. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423

Users found this page by searching for:

1. homegroup provider service not listed

2. win 10 HomeGroup Listener not found in services

3. win 10 services HomeGroup Listener not found

4. homegroup provider not listed,
  5. homegroup listener and homegroup provider not in list of services