Windows 10: Homegroup Lost in Upgrade

Discus and support Homegroup Lost in Upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows10. It tells me there IS homegroup and enter the password. When I try it tells me there is NO homegroup found. Ideally I'd like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cheryl, Aug 6, 2015.

1. cheryl Win User

Homegroup Lost in Upgrade

Upgraded to Windows10. It tells me there IS homegroup and enter the password. When I try it tells me there is NO homegroup found. Ideally I'd like to just set up a new homegroup but I see no option to do that. In the alternative I'll take the old one but that isn't that allowed either.

I did this on two upgraded computers that used to be in the same homegroup.

:)

cheryl, Aug 6, 2015

2. In Windows 10 how can I delete homegroup password -- can't find old one

After upgrade in Windows 10, the homegroup password is lost -- how can I reset or delete the homegroup password?

James Rhyne, Aug 6, 2015
  3. ser579 Win User
    Trying to install network printer: error #3012

Found that the upgrade to windows 10 lost the 'homegroup'. Once this was setup again we could see the printer.

ser579, Aug 6, 2015
  4. cheryl Win User

Solution. Computer is Win Pro. I had to convince Windows it was personal computer and please desist with the nanny state. It took a bit but I won. All devices are now connected including the tablet.

cheryl, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Carnivore Win User
    Would you kindly describe the exact steps you took to accomplish this?

Carnivore, Aug 22, 2015
  6. cheryl Win User
    I don't recall. I tend to try everything until something works. Not a lot of help. I had to convince it I wanted a HomeGroup, not a WorkGroup. I did some searches just now and found this:
    Can - Microsoft Community
    Note they say you can't change it so I must have added it. Once I did whatever I did it picked up the existing HomeGroup and let this computer back as a member.
    Sorry I can't be more specific.

cheryl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Homegroup Lost in Upgrade - Similar Threads - Homegroup Lost Upgrade

2. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  3. homegroup

homegroup: Homegroup has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/3026f692-4c87-4c5d-b6b6-4bce30fe96a4
  4. Homegroup

Homegroup: The removal of Homegroup and Network from Windows 10 has left me with no means of communication between my PC and my Laptop. Is a new mechanism likely to emerge soon or if ever. I do not intend to use Onedrive....
  5. homegroup

homegroup: I am having problems with other homegroup computers accessing my shared folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/699ecc3e-0639-47c8-8c4d-e4f31f8a4700
  6. Homegroup

Homegroup: Can anyone from microsoft explain to me why my home group is no longer working after my computers automatically updated in the middle of the night. I use this on a regular basis. Now i cannot. and to be quite honest i am pissed right off. do the techs at microsoft not...
  7. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  8. Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do?

Lost password, Homegroup inaccessible after W10 upgrade..what to do?: I upgraded two networked computers at home to Windows 10 successfully, but to access my network, I need the Homegroup password, which [like a dope] I have lost. I'm not a network wiz by any means so I have no idea how to get around this. Can I somehow just delete my...
  9. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  10. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423