Windows 10: Homegroup not working correctly

Discus and support Homegroup not working correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi guys, since Build 10041 the only computer with Win 10 TP is in the homegroup but that computer only shows the 3 other pc's. Changing from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Homegroup not working correctly

hi guys,

since Build 10041 the only computer with Win 10 TP is in the homegroup but that computer only shows the 3 other pc's.

Changing from "Allow WIndows to manage home group connections" to 'Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers" does not change anything.

Furthermore "Share with Homegroup members", cannot activate printers and devices. When i do that and open this again, it says NOT SHARED.

So what am i doing wrong?

thanks

Homegroup not working correctly [​IMG]

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015

2. Homegroup password

open Settings > Network & Internet > Status > HomeGroups. There you can update your HomeGroups password. Is this option not working? Also click View current homegroup password to make sure its correctly being entered. Learn more: How to Create and Join a HomeGroup in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Other computers on home network usually don't show up - sometimes they do?

See Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Change adapter settings, if you right-click on your Adapter and select Diagnose, and/or Disable and then Enable the Adapter does that do anything?

"See if leaving the homegroup on all PCs that joined it, create a homegroup on the W10 PC, and have the other PCs join the homegroup may help. This will sometimes reset everything to function properly again"

Homegroup not working correctly Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Linney, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jeff,

See if leaving the homegroup on all PCs that joined it, create a homegroup on the W10 PC, and have the other PCs join the homegroup may help. This will sometimes reset everything to function properly again. *Smile

Brink, Mar 19, 2015
  5. jeffrys Win User
    well Brink,

As you might have read, i had Oulook 2016 problems and thanks to Adam, i rolled back to build 9926, but do not know for how long.

Anyway the new build has a lot of flaws which i do not like at all.

With the Preview release Win10, since the start i get the feeling that MS is trying to move things faster for whatever what reason.

Maybe they have too much work with Nokia they bought....

Maybe they still have too much work with tablets they offered some years ago.....

Maybe Apple is the reason they want too move fast....

Things are changing i think. Everyone can soon download Win 10 for free...

MS cannot offer everything for free.

My feeling tells me that Apple who makes a lot of money not only with Iphones or Macs, but certainly with apps, that MS is targeting (maybe) for that too.

Anyway i do not have a christal ball, so maybe i am wrong, all this aside.

will leave the homegroup i cannot open, and rejoin that.

keep you posted

thanks
    Jeff

Right now i can leave the HOMEGROUP, which i cannot see, will do that and see what gives.

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    hi Brink,

you where right. I left the Homegroup, rejoined and everything is back as it was.

thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Perfect. I suspected that something got broken during the update, and that may just reset it. *Party

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Homegroup not working correctly - Similar Threads - Homegroup working correctly

2. Homegroup stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup stopped working: When I reinstalled Windows 10 on one desktop computer it no longer has homegroup functionality to enable connection with my other 3 computers and network printers. The updated computer cannot see the Homegroup network. All computers have internet access but not to my local...
  3. work around for removal of homegroup

work around for removal of homegroup: work around for removal of homegroup sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/work-around-for-removal-of-homegroup/215a2570-2ae5-4583-91a7-398c8ce0a994
  4. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  5. Help with getting Homegroup to work?

Help with getting Homegroup to work?: My desktop has a MS account and my portable is a local account. I have set my desktop with a Homegroup PW and have chosen what I would like to share with my portable (following the forum's instructional video). However, I do not know how to proceed from here in order to get...
  6. Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working

Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working: I have read through many of the posts and there does not seem to one that has a solution that works for me. 2 laptops connected wirelessly. One desktop computer connected via wired Ethernet. All computers are in the same workgroup. All computers can see each other on the...
  7. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  8. Homegroup stopped working

Homegroup stopped working: I'm not sure if it's related to the last update or not, but suddenly my homegroup started saying my other PC was offline. So I went and left it and recreated it, and sometimes it'll connect for maybe 5 minutes then disappear again. Also, it's saying almost everytime I try to...
  9. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  10. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

in Windows 10 Support
    Homegroup not working. Frustrating !: I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup. I have turned Homegroup on, Changed the password, Allowed all the devices on the network to share content, Added my folder on the external HD to the Homegroup....