Windows 10: Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

Discus and support Homegroup not working. Frustrating ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup. I have turned Homegroup on, Changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rizzlemedizzle, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup.

• I have turned Homegroup on,
    • Changed the password,
    • Allowed all the devices on the network to share content,
    • Added my folder on the external HD to the Homegroup.

When I go to the Xbox or TV, my Laptop is discovered, and I'm presented with 4 folder. Videos, Pictures, Music and Playlists.
    The problem is there are no video files (or any files in any category for that matter; pictures, music or playlist.)

I tried copying the video files I want to share into the default "Videos" folder windows 10 gives you which is also being shared on the homegroup, but the Xbox and TV still cant find any files.

Navigating the Pictures folder on either the Xbox or TV shows no pictures either (and i have pictures saved in the default pictures folder in windows)

Whats going on here?

Imgur

Thanks
    Rizzle

:)

rizzlemedizzle, Feb 26, 2016

2. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

Double post

RizzleMeDizzle, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup.

• I have turned Homegroup on,
    • Changed the password,
    • Allowed all the devices on the network to share content,
    • Added my folder on the external HD to the Homegroup.

When I go to the Xbox or TV, my Laptop is discovered, and I'm presented with 4 folder. Videos, Pictures, Music and Playlists.

The problem is there are no video files (or any files in any category for that matter; pictures, music or playlist.)

I tried copying the video files I want to share into the default "Videos" folder windows 10 gives you which is also being shared on the homegroup, but the Xbox and TV still cant find any files.

Navigating the Pictures folder on either the Xbox or TV shows no pictures either (and i have pictures saved in the default pictures folder in windows)

Whats going on here?

Imgur

RizzleMeDizzle, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

1. Homegroup not working. Frustrating ! - Similar Threads - Homegroup working Frustrating

2. Frustrated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrated: submitted by /u/mlgraves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgrvza/frustrated/
  3. Homegroup stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup stopped working: When I reinstalled Windows 10 on one desktop computer it no longer has homegroup functionality to enable connection with my other 3 computers and network printers. The updated computer cannot see the Homegroup network. All computers have internet access but not to my local...
  4. work around for removal of homegroup

work around for removal of homegroup: work around for removal of homegroup sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/work-around-for-removal-of-homegroup/215a2570-2ae5-4583-91a7-398c8ce0a994
  5. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  6. How to solve frustrating homegroup problem

How to solve frustrating homegroup problem: Im running w10 on a desktop and laptop and having problems connecting to my homegroup (HG) but having problems setting up a homegroupUsing my old pw did not work. When I tried to set up another HG I was given a new pw, but entering it on my laptop I received user name and pw...
  7. Help with getting Homegroup to work?

Help with getting Homegroup to work?: My desktop has a MS account and my portable is a local account. I have set my desktop with a Homegroup PW and have chosen what I would like to share with my portable (following the forum's instructional video). However, I do not know how to proceed from here in order to get...
  8. Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working

Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working: I have read through many of the posts and there does not seem to one that has a solution that works for me. 2 laptops connected wirelessly. One desktop computer connected via wired Ethernet. All computers are in the same workgroup. All computers can see each other on the...
  9. Homegroup stopped working

Homegroup stopped working: I'm not sure if it's related to the last update or not, but suddenly my homegroup started saying my other PC was offline. So I went and left it and recreated it, and sometimes it'll connect for maybe 5 minutes then disappear again. Also, it's saying almost everytime I try to...
  10. Homegroup not working correctly

Homegroup not working correctly: hi guys, since Build 10041 the only computer with Win 10 TP is in the homegroup but that computer only shows the 3 other pc's. Changing from "Allow WIndows to manage home group connections" to 'Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers" does not...