Windows 10: Homegroup on 1709

Discus and support Homegroup on 1709 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thanks Bree. Just tried that and still getting that message Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AntJac, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AntJac Win User

Homegroup on 1709

Thanks Bree. Just tried that and still getting that message

AntJac, Apr 5, 2018
  2. AntJac Win User

Hey. This may be a redundant question as the latest update to come removes Homegroup entirely but on v1709 has the ability to create a new Homegroup been removed?

For some reason when I try to create one now it says "Windows can't setup a Homegroup on this computer". Everything that needs to be turned on is including network discovery and the ability to create one works on my Dad's AIO. Just a bit flummoxed as to what it could be.

:)

AntJac, Apr 27, 2018
  3. Can't set up a HomeGroup on this computer.

Obviously you did not read my problem. I indicated Windows 10 (1709). 1709 is the build number. Secondly, until my desktop died I had a HomeGroup and the problem arose with the new computer. The only message I receive is 'Can't setup HomeGroup on this
    computer'. I could not join my old HomeGroup so I turn-off my other computer (laptop) and tried to create a new HomeGroup. Either way I get the same message. The only thing new is the Windows update to build 1709.

Unhappy_5284, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Homegroup on 1709

I have problem connecting to Homegroup

I have problem connecting to Homegroup, I have Homegroup on my Laptop, I have a password from it, when I try to join Homegroup on my Desktop, I get a message that Homegroup can not be setup on this computer, Both PCs has windows 10 Build 1709, and both
    are PRO. I had Homegroup set on both before my Desktop crashed and I had to reset it.

Superchamp42, Apr 27, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Not as far as I am aware.

As you say, come 1803 the question becomes academic, in the mean time there is a Homegroup Reset Troubleshooter....

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4...grading-to-win

Thema:

Homegroup on 1709

1. Homegroup on 1709 - Similar Threads - Homegroup 1709

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  6. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

7. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  8. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  9. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241
  10. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241