Windows 10: Homegroup Problems - Again!!

Discus and support Homegroup Problems - Again!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My frustrations with Windows 10 homegroup issues are haunting me once again. After the latest (#1511) update, my 4-PC homegroup is once again not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fatz2fly, Dec 13, 2015.

1. fatz2fly Win User

Homegroup Problems - Again!!

My frustrations with Windows 10 homegroup issues are haunting me once again. After the latest (#1511) update, my 4-PC homegroup is once again not working. First, one of the PCs could not access the others. My next steps were as follows:
    1, One by one, each PC left the existing homegroup and was shut down.
    2. Restarted one PC
    3. Established a new homegroup on that PC.
    4. Restarted each successive PC and joined the new homegroup.
    5. Three of the PCs successfully joined the new homegroup.
    6. The fourth PC - different from the PC that had the initial problems - joined the homegroup, but not successfully. It cannot access the other PCs on the homegroup. This PC has left the homegroup and been shutdown and restarted several times, each time attempting to rejoin the homegroup. Each time, the homegroup password is accepted, but the PC cannot access the other PCs.

Help! This is unacceptable. I've wasted three hours this morning leaving homegroups, shutting down and the restarting PCs. My regard for Microsoft continues to plummet. As a longtime Apple hater, I am beginning to reevaluate my position.
    Brian

:)

fatz2fly, Dec 13, 2015

2. creating a home network for printer

Only since installing windows 10, I have had this problem. In the process of creating homegroup again. I get a message "Cannot open homegroup on this computer."

JosephPalazzo, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Error - Windows can't set up a homegroup on this computer.

Thanks for the help Akheel,

I tried both the suggestions but neither worked .

In the HomeGroup it now says 'create HomeGroup' but when I clicked it once again it said 'Windows can't create a HomeGroup on this computer' so my problem still isn't fixed.

Benjamin Fox 1710, Dec 13, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Dec 13, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    Yep, fighting general networking, especially in the 1511 iteration, is enough without fighting Homegroup as well!

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Homegroup Problems - Again!! - Similar Threads - Homegroup Problems Again

2. Homegroup problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Homegroup problems: Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled. So i cannot add...
  3. HomeGroup problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  4. Homegroup (again)

Homegroup (again): I have two laptops on my network, one wireless, one cabled. Network and sharing centre, homegroups, says on the wireless one 'available to join' and if I try to join it says the homegroup is on the cabled machine and needs the password. The cabled machine, under homegroup...
  5. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  6. More Homegroup Problems

More Homegroup Problems: Hi... I created a home group on my desktop while I had windows 7 installed... (I can not remember the password) Now after Upgrading to Windows 10 I can't access it... not from 1 of the PC's that were on this homegoup... none of us are on the homegroup, thus this...
  7. Several problem with homegroup

Several problem with homegroup: Hi, I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just create the homegroup. 1. What was Strange: If I was creating the homegroup on Computer B then Computer A was seeing the offer...
  8. Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Windows 10 homegroup password problem: I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to...
  9. Homegroup Problems - Help

Homegroup Problems - Help: I've updated two of four PCs from Win 7 home premium to Win 10. The Win 10 PCs can see each other on the network, are not able to access each other. Attempts to access results in an error message that reads to recheck the name of the device or check with the network...
  10. Problem with homegroup

Problem with homegroup: I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are...