Windows 10: Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset

Discus and support Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I performed a factory reset which went fine. When I click on Homegroup it says I can join the one I previously setup on the machine before the factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beemna21, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Beemna21 Win User

Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset

I performed a factory reset which went fine. When I click on Homegroup it says I can join the one I previously setup on the machine before the factory reset, i.e it is asking me to join my own Homegroup. I do not have the password for my (old) Homegroup.

I've tried some of the solutions I found on here (deleting files in Appdata/... and stopping the service but the old Homegroup still persists.

1) Do you usually join your own Homegroup?
    2) Is there a way to get the password?
    3) Can the old Homegroup be erased?
    4) Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

:)

Beemna21, Sep 25, 2016
  2. MaëlG Win User

Error 83CF1105

The issue also reappeared for me, something like two weeks after a reset factory of the phone.

MaëlG, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Suddenly one PC on the home network can see PCs on the network but they can not see it except for it's media devices

Hi Greg,

I did a network reset on the disappearing PC and it and the printer reappeared in my network list.

I do not know for how long.

It is still not on the homegroup.

Tim

Tim in Baltimore, Sep 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No one uses Homegroup. Majority of us use standard Network Shares. Homegroup has been broken from day one.

bro67, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset - Similar Threads - Homegroup reappears doing

2. How to do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset: I have a gateway ne71b laptop 0S windows 10 home that I need to do a factory reset on. I will appreciate a simple way to do this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-factory-reset/bd7ebf61-d744-4457-9991-54fd002ffb74
  3. How to do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to do a factory reset: I have a gateway ne71b laptop 0S windows 10 home that I need to do a factory reset on. I will appreciate a simple way to do this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-factory-reset/bd7ebf61-d744-4457-9991-54fd002ffb74
  4. How to do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reset after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset after crash: I tried to install AOL's Data Mask app and crashed my new laptop. After a long 15 hours factory reset, I get the Windows greeting with my name, the correct date but wrong time.It asks me to sign in but I can only get the hand-indicating-wait icon. What now?...
  6. After a factory reset, there's no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a factory reset, there's no signal.: I performed a factory reset on a PC a while back. There is no signal being picked up.I've tried this with 3 monitors and at least 2 HDMI cables and a DisplayPort cable. Nothing has worked.No boot up screen, no BIOS screen, no loading screen.What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?: So recently I factory reset my PC with all the options to make it more thorough selected. However, when everything finished and I went to set up windows, I noticed that the other language I had added prior to the reset was still there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how factory...
  8. After Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Factory Reset Problem: Recently i just factory reset my computer and i faced a serious problems after factor reset. System auto download and on window 10. Purchase laptop 4 or 5 years ago. I not able to find my window key. My Activation only show "Window 10 Home" without product ID and key. I not...
  9. Can't do a factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't do a factory reset.: Title says it all, I want to do a factory reset and it keeps telling me that an error as occured after restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-factory-reset/40613141-f46c-4ba7-a9f9-d1e9bbdc4f71
  10. how to do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to do a factory reset: win 10 factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-factory-reset/20ab911b-7aa5-4749-a8d5-333648f73af0