Windows 10: Homegroup Settings Making my Files Read Only

Discus and support Homegroup Settings Making my Files Read Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No matter how many times I put the Homegroup permissions to "Homegroup (view and edit)", it still keeps getting reverted somehow, and when I go to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HoneycombWX, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Homegroup Settings Making my Files Read Only

No matter how many times I put the Homegroup permissions to "Homegroup (view and edit)", it still keeps getting reverted somehow, and when I go to save a file of some kind I get the "You do not have permission to..." message. Windows keeps changing the thing back to View Only, for some dumb reason. Is there some way to fix this?

:)

HoneycombWX, Aug 4, 2015
  2. CraigLong Win User

Transfer files to new computer

I like using the homegroup for the transfer of files because you can set permisssions (Read and Write) for the OneDrive sharing of files with your homegroup devices. That might make a difference.

CraigLong, Aug 4, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Homegroup - visibility of other computer in homegroup

Open Homegroup and select the options for sharing. You right click on Homegroup in Windows Explorer to get to Change Homegroup settings. Make sure you created the homegroup on only one of the computers and then join it on the other. See the Homegroup Troubleshooter
    for more.

Open Network & Sharing Center, Advanced Sharing settings and make sure the settings are correct. File and printer sharing, etc.

mlg63, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Homegroup Settings Making my Files Read Only

1. Homegroup Settings Making my Files Read Only - Similar Threads - Homegroup Settings Making

2. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  3. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  4. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  5. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  6. Documents File Is Set To Read Only

Documents File Is Set To Read Only: For some reason, my documents file is set to read only, so any other files I put into it are then read only too, and the program I'm using can't change the files in the my documents folder. How do I fix this? My user account is set up as an administrator....
  7. Will making a folder Read Only avoid deletion of files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will making a folder Read Only avoid deletion of files?: I am planning to use the duplicate file finder feature of ccleaner to remove duplicate files form my multiple backup HDD. I was thinking of making the primary data folder on my Main HDD as Read only (suign the read only feature of Win10) and then find duplicate files and...
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...
  10. Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?: Since using XP and then Windows 7 have always set the Hosts file to read only as a security measure. Is it still advisable to do this on Windows 10? 38639