Windows 10: Homegroup / Sharing PC with PS4 & XB1

Discus and support Homegroup / Sharing PC with PS4 & XB1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to the forums. This is my first post. I am trying to share videos from my PC with my PS4 and XB1 consoles. In File Explorer >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Norrin Radd, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Homegroup / Sharing PC with PS4 & XB1

Hello,

I am new to the forums. This is my first post. I am trying to share videos from my PC with my PS4 and XB1 consoles.

In File Explorer > This PC, under Network locations are Bell PVConnect (Home Hub 2000) and (radd-hp).

In (radd-hp) there are 4 folders: Music, Pictures, Playlists, and Videos. Within these folders are numerous subfolders. I did not create any of these folders. Within these folders are photos and cell phone videos that I do not recall ever placing. Nevertheless, I can access (radd-hp) from my PS4 and XB1 and can access the pictures and videos. I cannot copy any videos (tv shows and movies) to the videos folder.

In File Explorer > Homegroup, is . The settings for the homegroup are only videos can be shared. When I set the homegroup I was given a password. There is one folder, that I did not create, named Videos with a subfolder Sample Videos. I can copy videos to this subfolder and can use my consoles media players to access that video - (radd-hp) > Videos > All Videos, it appears with the cell phone videos.

When I try to share my Shows and Movies folder that is on my desktop, right-click > Share with > Homegroup (view), after thinking I receive a message: Your folder can't be shared. I have already gone into the Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing and checked the Share this folder box. I have also gone into Permissions, and under Group or user names it says Everyone and under Permission for Everyone the Allow box is checked for Full Control, Change, and Read.

I was wondering what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

:)

Norrin Radd, Apr 4, 2016

2. WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

Probably was laid off and hopefully Google has higher standards.

I think the XB1 is a JOKE. The media player is a DOWNGRADE from XB360.

I think Excel 2010 and Excel 2016 (that I have used) are a DOWNGRADE from Excel 2003.

I think the management and "engineers" at MSFT are a JOKE and should all be fired.

I got suckered in paying money for Office 365 but fool me once. Google sheets forever after that. Had to get XB1 thanks to my son - no more of that either. IMO XB1 is on its last legs. I have decided to ALWAYS buy PS4 games over XB1 games and will
    watch XB1 loose further support from developers and customers.

(PS Google is a better performing stock too - so there!)

Thanks for no help MISTER MISTER MISTER B!!!!!!

Jeff Holicky Sr., Apr 4, 2016
  3. Sharing of printer between system of two different operating systems in a Home network

Hi Piero,

I understand that you need to share the printers between two computers containing different operating system. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Have you created a HomeGroup for the computer?

I suggest you to create a HomeGroup on the system (Windows 7) share the printer and then connect the printer to the system containing the Windows 10 operating system.

Follow the below link and refer the section on Create a homegroup Create a homegroup Create a homegroupCreate a HomeGroup, Add your other PCs to
    the homegroup Add your other Pcs to the HomeGroup and Share Printers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...o-finish=windows-7&v1h=win81tab3&v2h=win7tab2

For the system containing the Windows 10 operating system follow the below link and refer the sections on Add your other pcs to HomeGroup and Share a printer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab2&v2h=win7tab2

(Also Applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful regarding sharing of the printers. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Homegroup / Sharing PC with PS4 & XB1

1. Homegroup / Sharing PC with PS4 & XB1 - Similar Threads - Homegroup Sharing PS4

2. Ps4 to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 to pc: Hello thereRecently my ps4 broke and I played minecraft on there. I switched to pc but I want to play on my ps4 world. I have not connected my microsoft account to that ps4 account. Is there a way to do this via pc?greetings-T...
  3. ps4 on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ps4 on pc: so it says my ps4 controller is connected because it can open steam but on fortnite it wont work but on other games it will and i have the setting turned off where it blocks game pads can anyone help me?...
  4. Homegroup on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  5. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  6. Network Sharing To PS4

Network Sharing To PS4: Hi all, I got some problems with internet sharing by ethernet cable to my PS4 Pro. First of all i renting a room and i'm unable to connect my PC or PS4 directly by cable. I recently bought a network interface adapter ASUS PCE-AC56 to get full internet speed connection on...
  7. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  8. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  9. Sharing using Homegroup

Sharing using Homegroup: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange behaviour please? I am trying to share some folders from my laptop to my TV (Sony Bravia kdl-46EX700). The TV is connected to the network via a wire whilst the laptop is wifi. Selecting or deselecting Share with...
  10. Homegroup Printer sharing woes

Homegroup Printer sharing woes: I have a bunch of pcs, (1 laptop, 2 desktops) at home all running windows 10. They were happily sharing printers over a homegroup I had set up on computer A my biggest machine. Now none can print over the network. My printer had vanished form devices but I have got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join homegroup xb1