Windows 10: homegroup sharing

Discus and support homegroup sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christaylor9, Jul 17, 2018.

1. homegroup sharing

I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both.

I setup onedrive to share word and excel files but cannot share pictures. Help please..

:)

christaylor9, Jul 17, 2018

2. Share files through homegroup

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to share files and data to your computer by using HomeGroup. I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps creating and sharing files through Homegroup.

How to Check HomeGroup has been Created on Windows 10

• Go to the HomeGroup
      window.

• You can see the list of
      libraries and devices
      that the system is sharing in the homegroup.

• There are many options available for you to do any changing.

• For instance, you can change the password by selecting the
      Change Password link.
    With a view of sharing data with other computers in homegroup, you need to ensure whether the
    network discovery is turned on. If it is not you will face problems while sharing the data.

How to turn on Network Discovery on Windows 10

• Press (hit) on the Change Advanced Sharing Settings link when you are into the
      HomeGroup window.

• Navigate to the Private (current profile) section.

• Select the option which says to
      Turn on network discovery.

• Then select the option of
      Turn on file and printer sharing
      so that you can be able to share files and printers within the homegroup.

• Windows will administer your homegroup connection by default. But, by the way, if you want to put some extra security then create a user account and password for any machines that are connected to your homegroup.

• So to do this, select the
      Use
      user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers
      option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 17, 2018
  3. HomeGroup sharing stability

Thanks for updating us on the result of recreating the homegroup network. SInce the issue is still occurring, we suggest that you follow the steps below to run the automated homegroup troubleshooter available in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + X to open the quick link menu and from the list of options select
      Control Panel.
    • Once Control Panel is open, select Network and Internet
      from the options provided.
    • Under Network and Internet select the option HomeGroup and then on the lower portion look for the option labeled " Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter".
    The automated troubleshooter will detect errors within the homegroup and attempt to automatically correct any error that can cause the homegroup network to not function as intended.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 17, 2018
  4. homegroup sharing

Unable to share information from HomeGroup on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with connecting to the HomeGroup network.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to share any information on your computers?
    • Which troubleshooter have you deployed to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Were you able to see the other computer under newly created HomeGroup?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on network discovery on both the computers

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.

• Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter if not yet tried and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• In the Control Panel window, select
      Category and then select Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click View all and then click on
      HomeGroup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10 computer that you performed reset on.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

homegroup sharing

1. homegroup sharing - Similar Threads - homegroup sharing

2. I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!: I am unable to find the HOMEGROUP option anywhere.Is there an alternate way to link all my computers in the floor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-homegroup-option-in-the-network/4cd402e8-0e06-4c29-9599-ff7562478295
  3. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  4. windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it)

windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it): since they removed the homegroup i am having MUCH difficulty sharing files between my 2 computers and my laptop. it seems if one can see one, it cant see the other, or non can see any. sometimes it asks me for a password even tho ive never set one up on my home computers,...
  5. Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...

Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...: Ever since the beginning of this year when MS removed the HomeGroup function, I've had a terrible time with file sharing on my home network. I am running one central Win10 desktop with two Win10 laptops in a home wifi environment that is stable and fast. All machines are...
  6. File sharing, replacing the useful homegroup

File sharing, replacing the useful homegroup: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  7. shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed

shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed: I have three computers, two of them connected directly to the router, one over WiFi. All three of them run the latest version of Win 10 built 1803 (build 17134.191) . Ever since I upgraded the computers to 1803 and HomeGroup was removed, I have been having problems with...
  8. Windows 10 file sharing videos to android vlc after homegroup removal.

Windows 10 file sharing videos to android vlc after homegroup removal.: Hello, I used to use the Windows 10 HomeGroup file sharing to allow my android device to view videos from my PC, however after removing HomeGroup in the 1803 update I no longer can share my videos, and I can not for the life of me figure out this new folder sharing. For...
  9. How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?: At the risk of sounding stupid, now 1803 has removed Homegroup, how do I share/transfer files over to other computers on a network/linked up to the same router? The Homegroup never worked properly anyway, probably due to Windows Firewall being on, but sometimes certain...
  10. How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?: Think I've kind of sorted it. Only weird thing is, is sometimes the computers on the network show up, sometimes they don't!