Windows 10: Homegroup

Discus and support Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So many have given Microsoft feedback about Homegroup but they are not listening. I have a number of pc's in the home and need to be able to see each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by qldaussie, Oct 24, 2015.

1. qldaussie Win User

Homegroup

So many have given Microsoft feedback about Homegroup but they are not listening. I have a number of pc's in the home and need to be able to see each other.
    I am now only using version 240 because that one works, or is there a way to do it on 10565. I am lost

:)

qldaussie, Oct 24, 2015

2. Cannot Leave HomeGroup From Linked PC

1. Make sure all PC's have left the HomeGroup or are NOT joined to a HomeGroup

2. Turn off all PC's

3. Reboot PC that originally had HomeGroup and now has the phantom HomeGroup

4. After reboot, you should be able to create a new HomeGroup on that PC replacing the phantom HomeGroup. Print or write down new HomeGroup password.

5. Boot other PCs and attempt to join HomeGroup with new password.

Note: Make sure you use the ORIGINAL PC that had the HomeGroup ! (step 3)

Note: Once you have fixed the phantom HomeGroup, you should be able to have all the PC's leave the HomeGroup, then create a new HomeGroup on the PC of your choice.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 24, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    Set up Homegroup with a dual band router

Hi David,

After creating a HomeGroup network, the next step is to join it. You'll need the HomeGroup password, if there is any. To join a HomeGroup, follow these steps on the PC that you want to add to the HomeGroup:

• Open HomeGroup by typing homegroup in the search box on the taskbar, then select
      HomeGroup from the results.
    • Select Join now > Next.
    • Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the HomeGroup, and then select
      Next.
    • Type the HomeGroup password in the box, and then select Next.
    • Select Finish.
    Note: If you do not see a space to enter a password, there might not be a HomeGroup available. Make sure that someone has created a Homegroup, or you may create a HomeGroup yourself.

If you are having trouble joining a HomeGroup, you may run the HomeGroup troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the HomeGroup network. To do so: Open
    Homegroup and click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Homegroup

1. Homegroup - Similar Threads - Homegroup

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  6. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

7. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  8. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  9. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241
  10. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241