Windows 10: Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

Discus and support Homepage reverts to Bing on start up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and set my default homepage to bt.com but every time i start my laptop the homepage has changed to Bing search... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by terrybull, Aug 1, 2015.

1. terrybull Win User

Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and set my default homepage to bt.com but every time i start my laptop the homepage has changed to Bing search engine. Is this a windows 10 bug or something else.

:)

terrybull, Aug 1, 2015

2. submitting photos

Here is good article that explains how photos are selected for the Bing Daily images:

How (And Why) Photos Are Selected for the Bing Homepage - PetaPixel

https://petapixel.com/2011/07/18/how-photos-are...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2015
  3. jamiegood Win User
    windows 10 settings app

Thanks so much, all good -now to work out why MSN/bing homepage doesn't show up anymore, again thankyou.

jamiegood, Aug 1, 2015
  4. KACI Win User

If your referring to the homepage in Edge, you have to set it both as your homepage and your start screen and remove the bing start page. It's a bit convoluted but its all done in the Edge settings. You have to tell it to open with a specific page, pick custom and enter in the url for the site you want. You also have to remove the bing site that's listed there. This is just another reason that I'll play with Edge to see how it develops but I'll continue to use Explorer for the time being.

KACI, Aug 1, 2015
  5. terrybull Win User
    I have done this but it still happens not just in edge but in firefox as well where I have never had Bing.

terrybull, Aug 1, 2015
  6. KACI Win User
    It's not a general bug. I have mine set differently with both Edge and IE. Just to be sure, if you hit your home button does it take you to the site you want? Also in settings, under the first selection box do you see Bing listed there? The fact that you can't do it in Firefox makes me think it might be over road in a different place. Not sure where that might be though.

KACI, Aug 2, 2015
  7. terrybull Win User
    Thanks for your comments. Sems to be working OK this morning but Edge very slow. Will stick with Firefox for the time being

terrybull, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Homepage reverts to Bing on start up - Similar Threads - Homepage reverts Bing

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. new microsoft msn bing homepage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new microsoft msn bing homepage: New Microsoft Bing Homepage When I try to share articles on FB,it gives me an error message now "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."...
  4. Bing Wallpaper on start up has gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bing Wallpaper on start up has gone?: When i start the PC sometimes i am redirected by Edge to Bing and loads of wallpaper pictures that i like to download I do not use Edge or Bing i use Chrome and Google but didnt mind this because the wallpaper scenes are stunning Over the last few days i am met with a...
  5. Bing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing on start up: Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-on-start-up/8dc9641c-a455-4a08-a7d9-9f74978f8321
  6. Bing Homepage Today

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Homepage Today: A creepy homepage from Bing today, I was expecting Alfred Hitchcock to pop up. [img] 5962
  7. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  8. You can now hear Bing’s homepage

in Windows 10 News
    You can now hear Bing’s homepage: If you’re among the millions who will visit Bing’s homepage today, you’re in for a surprise. Not only will you see a beautiful video of geese taking flight over the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge, you’ll also have the option to hear them. Simply click located at the...
  9. The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014

in Windows 10 News
    The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014: Each day, a new Bing Homepage image transports you to a different corner of the globe or introduces you to some of the world’s most amazing creatures. As 2014 comes to a close, the Bing team wanted to look back at your favorite homepages of the year. But first, we wanted...
  10. The Bing homepage goes HD

in Windows 10 News
    The Bing homepage goes HD: Here on the Bing homepage team, we wake up every day thinking about how we can make the homepage even better, inspired by those of you who visit bing.com each day and take the time to tell us what you think. Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re adding one of your most...