Windows 10: horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen

Discus and support horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried everything and this is pretty much a hail mary. Its definitely not my hardware as all other games work flawlessly. I've tried resetting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sandy__J, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Sandy__J Win User

horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen

I've tried everything and this is pretty much a hail mary. Its definitely not my hardware as all other games work flawlessly. I've tried resetting the windows store and the app itself, tried reinstalling, tried downloading a second app, tried signing out and back in, tried all cmd and PowerShell commands from the other posts, tried updating the Xbox app. Short of building a new pc and buying a copy all over again I fail to see what else I can do. The game worked perfectly from release up to a few months ago. I took a hiatus from gaming for around 3 months and now horizon refuses to load. I get a few seconds of the splash screen and poof.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Microsoft Store

:)

Sandy__J, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Kniv06 Win User

forza horizon 3 crashes on splash screen after 10 sec

I have buyed Forza horizon 3 Ultimate edition but when i start it i comes up that splash screen and after 10 seconds it crashes. But i dont have 8 gb ram could that be the problem. please answer

Kniv06, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Forza Horizon 3 crashes after loading splash screen (PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit)

Exact same issue here. Forza Horizon 3 stopped working a few days ago, and just crashes after splash screen. No errors or logs I can find anywhere.

BinkyTheHorse, Aug 20, 2018
  4. horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen

Forza Horizon 3 crashes after splash screen + connection problems (if works)

Hi,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why Forza Horizon 3 keeps on crashing when launching. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps in order:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using this
    link
    . This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Clear Store Cache. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Create a local account and try to use it to launch the game. To create a local account, you may click the link below:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We also recommend that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the issue persists.

Kindly provide us an update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen

1. horizon 3 keeps crashing on splash screen - Similar Threads - horizon keeps crashing

2. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issueFaulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ffFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xd80f8f12Exception code: 0xe06d7363Fault offset:...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issueFaulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ffFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xd80f8f12Exception code: 0xe06d7363Fault offset:...
  4. Forza horizon 3 crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 3 crashes on startup: This is the standard version which was working until recentlyI have also bought the blizzard mountain and hotwheels expansions back on 2019The game is crashing to desktop immediately after the startup video.I have tried 1. resetting the game, 2. full uninstall through windows...
  5. Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Startup: When i launch Forza Horizon 3, The game loads in a resolution super small, to the point where I cant read the warning text at the beginning. Then the game goes to the turn10 opening, and crashes. could I get some help?...
  6. Forza Horizon 3 Crash on loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forza Horizon 3 Crash on loading: Bro I actually hate Microsoft. They couldnt care less about their community. I bought this game to have fun, and I cant even play it cuz it crashes every single time I open it. Please Let me know if you know how to solve this issue. I would appreciate it a ton. Thanks,...
  7. Forza Horizon 3 will keeps crashing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 3 will keeps crashing.: Hi, my game will not stop crashing. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and still no luck. I have tried resetting. I've tried basically everything. The weird thing is, it worked about 2 months ago. I uninstalled it because I needed more space. I now have a 500gb harddrive, and...
  8. Forza Horizon 3 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 Crash: Does it works on 1903 windows? its crashes in startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-3-crash/21aedfb2-2a7f-4c8a-a7a0-eba00ae41a95
  9. Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past splash screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past splash screen.: I purchased Horizon 4 a few days ago and have not gotten it to launch on my desktop yet. I am on Windows 10 build 1803. I have an overclocked i7-4770k and a GTX 1080, so hardware should not be a problem. Troubleshooting I have already attempted (nothing worked): Turning...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 Crash Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 Crash Issue: So I just fixed an issue with dx12 not working and now it just crashes with no report or anything. It's just splash screen, black, then poof gone. I have the crash file and if anyone can help me with it please do! Link to file:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 3 crash on splash screen

2. forza horizon 3 not launching after splash screen

3. forza horizon 3 quit on.splash screen

4. forza horizons 3 crashes after splashscreen,
  5. win 10 forza 3 horizon splash screen,
  6. forza horizon 3 closes after splash screen,
  7. forza 3 splash screen