Windows 10: Horrible internet speed

Discus and support Horrible internet speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I had a power surge 2 weeks ago I haven't been able to reach anywhere near the 35mbps I purchased through Time Warner (Now Spectrum) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gettheclicker, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Horrible internet speed

Since I had a power surge 2 weeks ago I haven't been able to reach anywhere near the 35mbps I purchased through Time Warner (Now Spectrum)

I thought it was the modem they provided was somehow affected so I bought my own compatible modem.
    An Arris Surfboard SBG6580 with wifi capability.

My speeds are on average 2mbps and for only a moment it reached 21mbps while the time warner agent "Jump started the connection."

Should I use my Linksys router? Are there any settings I should tweak to get a decent speed again?

They are sending out a technician in a few days if the problem persists to check the lines outside which the power company took down 3 times to replace all the poles on my street.

:)

gettheclicker, Jan 25, 2017

2. How do i download and install my phone update WINDOWS PHONE 8 using PC internet connection(via USB)? Please dont suggest WiFI Hotspot creation.

I have a nokia lumia 520 with very poor mobile internet speed.I use a USB stick to connect to internet from PC(Windows 8).How can i use this to connect phone to computer and install the latest updates.

Please dont suggest creating a Virtual WIFI Hotspot.Tried that already for horrible connection speed.

AngadSingh_27, Jan 25, 2017
  3. tungvien Win User
    HD-10 Miracast

Does anyone experienced fuzzy picture quality using the HD-10 Miracast connecting to a TV? My internet speed is about 25MBS but when using the HD-10 watching Live TV, the picture on the phone is perfect but when it mirrors to the TV, it's horrible. Any
    idea why? Thank you.

tungvien, Jan 25, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Horrible internet speed

I would say there is no point doing anything until the lines have been checked , wait until they've cleared any issues outside.

Otherwise you could spend hours looking for solutions only for a faulty connection / wire externally to be replaced and it all work fine.

If they check the lines outside and all is fine, then you can look at possible issues internally...

Wullail, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

Horrible internet speed

1. Horrible internet speed - Similar Threads - Horrible internet speed

2. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed: My ethernet speed is just 10mbps but when I disconnect the ethernet it shows link speed back to 1000gbps, after having a speed test it's shows 9-10mbps, how to increase the speed...
  3. Internet Speed

Internet Speed: My Internet Speed is 100 Mbps but on my Laptop it's showing not more than 45Mbps whereas on phone it shows100+mbps. Model Dell Inspiron 5537 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed/520da7d7-eaac-42a7-a621-9f1250d4e8bc
  4. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  5. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  6. Why are all my transfer speeds horrible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are all my transfer speeds horrible?: My SSD as well as all flash drives seem to transfer at a crawl. I'm currently trying to transfer a 16GB movie from my SSD to my USB drive, and it's transfering at a measily 4MBps. I looked it up online, and th is USB is supposed to transfer at a speed of around 420MBps. I'm...
  7. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed: For well over a month I've been experiencing issues with Windows 10 and the internet speeds I'm getting. I'm using wi-fi, and have no issues on any other devices just my windows 10 laptop! I'm attaching a link that shows how much my speeds fluctuated in a short amount of...
  8. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed: Hello, A month ago I got a new solid state 1 tb hard drive...already using Windows 10. Everything has been fine, after working out the bugs, until now. Download speed is only 12 in room furthest from router, 30 or 50 or 70 in other rooms. On two other computers with windows...
  9. internet speed

internet speed: My ethernet card said transmission speed is 100/100. Is there a way to increase this speed. My internet provider said they are transmitting 400 mbps to me. How do I get my data at this speed on a win 10 pc. CAN IT BE DONE? If not then I need to pay for a lesser speed....
  10. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...