Windows 10: Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get an awful stutter when gaming after my PC updated itself to 1607. I play only two games, Battlefield 4 and QuakeLive. I always play with vsync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andyKCIUK, Aug 23, 2016.

1. andyKCIUK Win User

Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update

I get an awful stutter when gaming after my PC updated itself to 1607.

I play only two games, Battlefield 4 and QuakeLive. I always play with vsync on.

Right now anything below 144 fps results in stuttering which feels like gaming with 50-60 fps in BF4 (gfx settings on medium).

Quake has lost its fluidity as well although I have constant 144fps.

I've disabled DVR in Xbox app and then uninstalled most of the metro apps.

All my drivers are up to date.

My PC worked much better before the anniversary update. What's wrong?

:)

andyKCIUK, Aug 23, 2016

2. After installing anniversay update, my solitaire game cards move very slowly

Before installing anniversary update, everything was OK. But after updating, Solitaire games, cards move very slowly. each time, the cards, stutter.

kamalnath shenoy, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Stuttering on my laptop

So I'm playing CS:GO, not a very demanding game (i get about 100 fps constantly) and since upgrading to windows 10 I have beeen experiencing horrible stuttering when the laptop is plugged in, however, if it is plugged in and fully charged, the game works
    normally. When it is not plugged in, the game has no stutter, but the fps drops to 30-40, so I want to play while plugged. I have tested it to see if it is a CS:GO problem, but other games as BF4 and CoD: Advanced Warfare are stuttering as well. Fraps counts
    the framerate normally, showing no drops. I know that laptops are not powerful and might lag, but Windows 8 used to work very good, no stutter at all. Windows 10 is great, but seeing this bug, I'd rather switch back to Windows 8. Any help? Thanks in advance.

tiberiuiancu, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, not everyone finds the anniversary upgrade works for them. You have 10 days to roll back, and as you have Pro can choose to defer the upgrade. MS is said to be fixing some problems groups of people have experienced. Often better to wait for the flak to settle.

One or two have needed to update their BIOS. Have you checked that?
    Have you looked at your task manager to find out what is consuming system resources that might account for the stutter?

Please search the forum for 'stutter' - you will find numerous threads, some quite long, where people have experienced latency issues and tried to analyse this with Latency Mon (free).

You will need to take a decision and/or do some analysis. I can't tell you why you have this problem.. my crystal ball is down for scheduled maintenance.. *chuckle

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Do you open task manager then set you game to "High Performance" if you have not this may remove the stutter while waiting for the update patch ?

RoadBlaster, Sep 27, 2016
  6. andyKCIUK Win User
    It's the nVidia drivers that cause all this mess. Their and numerous others forums are full of complaints. DPC latency spikes are the source of this. All Pascal cards seem to be affected by this.
    The only thing I can do is to wait for AMD's Vega. I'll never buy anything from Nvidia again.

andyKCIUK, Sep 27, 2016
  7. I have simmilar problems after I upgraded from win8.1 to win10 (I have also an anniversary editions)
    Im playing on laptop, 60 Hz screen and everything below 60 fps is full of stutters/juddering? *sarc
    Turning on/off Vsyns and setting FPS cap seems to have no effect.
    Still did not solved my problem, so give a word if you will find a solution please*Smile

Pulling down graphics settings to get 60FPS seems to be only workaround till now, althought I should play with max settings on my hardware.

RulerKelso, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Horrible stutter games

2. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  3. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  4. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  5. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  6. Games Stutter After November 2021 Update

Games Stutter After November 2021 Update: I have zero faith in this, but apparently it's the only option I have. So...I updated my OS last night. I hate Windows updates. They are genuinely awful, IMO. I game on my device, but today it was choppy as heck. Cost my team the game. It wasn't because of my internet - a...
  7. Games Stutter After November 2021 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games Stutter After November 2021 Update: I have zero faith in this, but apparently it's the only option I have. So...I updated my OS last night. I hate Windows updates. They are genuinely awful, IMO. I game on my device, but today it was choppy as heck. Cost my team the game. It wasn't because of my internet - a...
  8. In Game Sound Stuttering after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Game Sound Stuttering after last update: Hey guys there is some problem after last update when i am playing game the sound is stuttering. So is there any solution to fix this problem ? or is there any way to restore my laptop to before last update so the problem wont happen ?...
  9. Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance: Hi there I've noticed that I/O performance on VM's is really poor when using VMWARE with Anniversary update - makes no difference whether the VM is a LINUX or WINDOWS VM if running on the same Host. For example USB 3 transfers with HDD's -- on 1511 (HOST) transfer rate...
  10. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not: Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the...