Windows 10: Host File in Win10?

Discus and support Host File in Win10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After searching the internet, youtube and the forums I've not found the correct method for locating the host file in Win10. I did go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuzWeaver, Aug 12, 2015.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Host File in Win10?

After searching the internet, youtube and the forums I've not found the correct method for locating the host file in Win10. I did go through the typical Windows way, but I've not been able to locate the file in and of itself.

:)

BuzWeaver, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Don Varnau, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Host File in Win10?

It's in the same spot as previous operating systems.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

deepstaging, Aug 12, 2015
  5. BuzWeaver Win User
    Thanks Deep, for some reason when I tried it prior to this post the etc folder was empty. I thought perhaps I'd have to select show hidden files and folders, but now the etc folder is showing the host file, although its a 2009 file.

BuzWeaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Host File in Win10?

1. Host File in Win10? - Similar Threads - Host File Win10

2. host file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    host file: hi there i am trying to edit or add line in host file, long time ago since i did it and when i did there was lot of lines in there, i tried or looked last night could not see anything except this am i missing something please can somebody help and advise me please...
  3. host file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    host file: hi there i am trying to edit or add line in host file, long time ago since i did it and when i did there was lot of lines in there, i tried or looked last night could not see anything except this am i missing something please can somebody help and advise me please...
  4. Host File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Host File: Im trying to block toxic sites that i just unheathly go to, by setting this up of what i found of a way to block, and then i was going to turn me to standard and have my friend be admin but for someone reason it still saids i dont have permission. what am i doing wrong iv...
  5. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hosts file: Greetings, I have my hosts file that’s corrupted and can’t open with notepad and tried to give permission but there’s nothing to add or grant it’s empty I tired to use a software to unlock it and says cannot find path windows/system32/drivers/etc I’ve tried to boot in safe...
  6. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  7. Hosts File Win10

Hosts File Win10: Greetings- call me noid but after running HiJack This it had a popup stating the hosts file is being a ***** so I pulled up the file in notepad and it is in French? So.....could SW on my sys be to blame or other?*Confused*sarc Thanks all 107134
  8. Hosts file

Hosts file: How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default? pls Is This good? 30362
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  10. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081