Windows 10: Hosted Network couldn't be started

Discus and support Hosted Network couldn't be started in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to make my laptop act as a wifi router following this tutorial: Create Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10 using Command Prompt - Technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robzam, Sep 17, 2016.

1. robzam Win User

Hosted Network couldn't be started

Hi,

I am trying to make my laptop act as a wifi router following this tutorial: Create Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10 using Command Prompt - Technical Notes

however, in step two an error occurs stating that "The hosted network couldn't be started."

does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

:)

robzam, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 17, 2016
  3. hosted network cannot be started

I have an hp notebook laptop with windows 10 but when i try to host a network using command prompt it says hostednetwork could nt be started...group or resource is unavailable...in the device manager the microsoft hosted netowrk adapter does not show
    evn when i click view show hidden devices after reboot...hosted network support shows no when i type netsh wlan show drivers...what can i do about this?

daniel_484, Sep 17, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Have you checked to make sure your WiFi card supports hosted network feature in Windows 10.

Open a command prompt and copy and paste the command below.
    Code: netsh wlan show drivers[/quote] In the output Hosted network supported : Yes ------ means that your computer supports hosted networks.
    If it say's No ------ you will have to get a USB WiFi stick that will support it.

Hosted Network couldn't be started [​IMG]

The site that you got the tutorial from has an update for your problem, Try it and see if it works
    http://www.technicalnotes.org/fix-th...in-windows-10/

sml156, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Hosted Network couldn't be started - Similar Threads - Hosted Network couldn't

2. Not able to start a hosted network in CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to start a hosted network in CMD: I am using Windows 10 and I want to start a hosted network but I am getting this error:I searched on internet, there was a solution in which I had to enable HT mode in device manager but there is no such option available in my system....
  3. Not able to start a hosted network in CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to start a hosted network in CMD: I am using Windows 10 and I want to start a hosted network but I am getting this error:I searched on internet, there was a solution in which I had to enable HT mode in device manager but there is no such option available in my system....
  4. Not able to start a hosted network in CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hosted network

Hosted network: HI, Can anyone show me how to enable hostednetwork? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/0b13cd02-ae6c-47c2-b71f-b07ac41859a4
  6. Hosted network

Hosted network: Hi, my PC is running win 10, when I try start hosted network using cmd it's not starting at all. But at the same time SHAREit can create it. Please help. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/88510dd6-1ae5-4e62-b5a2-ed453b32da64
  7. hosted network

hosted network: ive been trying to create a hosted network but it wont let me ive searched for updates for my drivers i have sharing on my internet and i still cant get it to work any ideas would be appreciated...
  8. Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver

Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver: I am HP pavilion x360 running windows 10 1903 and network driver Realtek RTL8822BE ac pci with everything up to date. When I try to enable hosted network it says group or resource is not in correct state. Hosted Network mode is set to allow but hosted network support is no...
  9. hosted network

hosted network: In the command window if I type "netsh wlan show drivers" It comes up "hosted network supported: No". I need to be able to make this a yes so I can create an ad hoc network to connect directly to my printer. I have win 10 and my old computer did this just fine. My new...
  10. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...