Windows 10: Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

Discus and support Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest update, I notice that the Win+Spacebar hot key no longer works, and when I go to configure the language bar, it is not even an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NIRC, Nov 25, 2015.

1. NIRC Win User

Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

After the latest update, I notice that the Win+Spacebar hot key no longer works, and when I go to configure the language bar, it is not even an option any more. Am I missing something?

:)

2. Keyboard shortcut for switching Japanese keyboard's English and Kara mode

Win+Spacebar

Otherwise you can try defining your own keyboard shortcut via Control Panel Change language bar hot keys. Unfortunately I don't get there via a search. The closest seems to be Change input methods, then navigate to Advanced settings.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 25, 2015
  3. My keyboard uses a French E instead of a question mark and will not let me use contractions

That is a sign that you are causing a switch in Language or Keyboard inadvertently. In my case it happened every time I would press Ctrl+Shift. It turns out that that is a default in Advanced Keyboard shortcuts for Language. So I just nullified all such
    keyboard shortcuts, leaving only Win+Spacebar--when I can see what is happening (usually).

Unfortunately it is not a searchable feature. You need to know it is there and how to navigate to it. For example, in Control Panel if I search for Language Hotkey there is no hit. If I search for only Language I can see a match with a link to
    Change input methods. Click on that and then click on Advanced settings shows a link to
    Change language bar hot keys (Ah. So I should have searched for Language Hot? No. Still no hit.) Anyway, click on that and then see if there is a
    Key sequence which explains your "no apparent reason" phenomenon?

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 25, 2015
  4. Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

Hey Nirc,

Is This what you're looking for?

heypaleblue, Nov 25, 2015
  5. AndreyT Win User
    AFAIK, Win+Space combination has never been listed as a user-selectable option for switching languages. It is a "built-in" combination for the integrated Windows 8/10 language indicator (the one that says "ENG" instead of "EN"). It is supposed to work always, unconditionally, regardless of what other combination you select.

What I don't immediately know is what is supposed to happen if you switch from the new integrated language indicator back to the classic XP/Windows 7-style dockable language bar (the one that says "EN"). Is that supposed to disable Win+Space combo or not?

So, are you using the old-style language bar on your computer? If so, this might be the reason why Win+Space no longer works.

AndreyT, Nov 25, 2015
  6. NIRC Win User
    I have no idea how I reverted to an earlier language bar setting, since I certainly did not go through those steps myself. Could be with the latest Logitech mouse software... Anyway, how do I get back to the Windows 10 version? Reversing the process from the link you sent is not that obvius.

7. NIRC Win User
    I discovered the problem. My Logitech mouse file was updated, but a shut down and a few minutes wait fixed everything.

NIRC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

1. Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled? - Similar Threads - Hot key changing

2. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  3. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  4. Disable windows hot key win + c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable windows hot key win + c: Hi,How can I disable specifically the 'win + c' hotkey in Windows 11? I did this in Windows 10 however, the registry seems to have changed as my previous method no longer works, also I cannot launch the local group policy editor for some reason....
  5. Disable windows hot key win + c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable windows hot key win + c: Hi,How can I disable specifically the 'win + c' hotkey in Windows 11? I did this in Windows 10 however, the registry seems to have changed as my previous method no longer works, also I cannot launch the local group policy editor for some reason....
  6. Input language hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input language hot keys: Hello,Recently I purchased a new computer Lenovo yoga i7, Windows 10.I've set three input languages, and I assign a hotkey alt+shift to change between them. The three languages are English, Hebrew, and Coptic a keyboard supported by the program Keyman. Every time I turn off...
  7. Language change Hot Keys

Language change Hot Keys: Hello, I would like to ask this question regarding a recent mini-problem I came across. Today when I tried to change language using Win key and space it didn't and after a lot of digging in the settings of my system I found that this combination turned on and off Game mode,...
  8. Cannot change Language hot keys

Cannot change Language hot keys: I currently have multiple languages inputs set up. Alt+Shift can be used to switch between them. As it happens, this key combination conflicts with another program I use, so I would like to disable it. I go to my language settings by simply typing "Language" in the search...
  9. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  10. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving: I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results. Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and I want to be able to switch to them by number using the keyboard shortcuts. This was no problem before, but now that I've...