Windows 10: Hot to stop DVD drive noise when going to sleep

Discus and support Hot to stop DVD drive noise when going to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When the computer goes to sleep, it accesses the DVD drive (for some reason). It then makes a noise for a second or two, which is pretty annoying. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LT2000, Sep 19, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Hot to stop DVD drive noise when going to sleep

When the computer goes to sleep, it accesses the DVD drive (for some reason). It then makes a noise for a second or two, which is pretty annoying. Any way to stop this? It has no reason to even mess with the DVD drive. I think it is trying to see if there is a disk in there or something (maybe so it knows what to do when it wakes?)

:)

LT2000, Sep 19, 2015

2. Crackling noise inside E71 - even when off!

That does not sound good. It doesn't appear to be a common issue either.

Was the charger connected when it was making this noise?

Does the noise stop if you remove the charger?

Does using a different charger still cause the noise?

Are you using an original Nokia battery?

If not does the noise stop if you use a Nokia battery?

Is it safe to assume that the noise stops when the battery (and charger) removed?

Is the battery very hot (not just warm)?

Is the battery bulging or misshapen in any way?

Is the phone on a metal surface?

psychomania---01, Sep 19, 2015
  3. After windows wake up, hot keys stop working

I use several languages and for quick access I use hot-keys.

It works normal but in case if windows go to sleep mode, close and open laptop this hot keys is stop working.

Andrii Mytroshyn, Sep 19, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

Is there a disc in the drive? If there is then take it out.

ram1220, Sep 19, 2015
  5. LT2000 Win User
    No disk in the drive. I had to check though...was going to be like "duh"

LT2000, Sep 20, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    The computer goes through a self check when shutting down and waking up, via Windows Device Manager. It sends a request to the IRQ for any devices, to make sure that they go to sleep as they should and when the computer wakes up, it does it again.

bro67, Sep 20, 2015
  7. LT2000 Win User
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought something like this was the case. I guess the question is if there is anything that can be done about it. I might try another DVD drive if all else fails.

LT2000, Sep 21, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

If you hardly use that drive and it is a desktop, unplug it. I am sure that there is an inline switch out there, that can be used to shut the drive off.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hot to stop DVD drive noise when going to sleep - Similar Threads - Hot stop DVD

2. LAPTOP MAKING HISSING NOISE WHEN HOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP MAKING HISSING NOISE WHEN HOT: My laptop gets very hot since it's a gaming laptop. Asus ROG Flow X13 2021 model. I am hearing a very weird hissing noise and my laptop gets extremely hot underneath. My vents are clear from dust since I do a monthly cleaning. The noise sounds like something sizzling. It's...
  3. LAPTOP MAKING HISSING NOISE WHEN HOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP MAKING HISSING NOISE WHEN HOT: My laptop gets very hot since it's a gaming laptop. Asus ROG Flow X13 2021 model. I am hearing a very weird hissing noise and my laptop gets extremely hot underneath. My vents are clear from dust since I do a monthly cleaning. The noise sounds like something sizzling. It's...
  4. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  5. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  6. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When is this going to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is this going to stop?: Main question is: Microsoft - when are you going to stop breaking everything with monthly product updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-this-going-to-stop/ff1005b7-0a69-4a40-a0e6-b569ca5c09de
  8. When is this going to stop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is this going to stop?: Main question is: Microsoft - when are you going to stop breaking everything with monthly product updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-this-going-to-stop/ff1005b7-0a69-4a40-a0e6-b569ca5c09de
  9. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...
  10. Where did the DVD drives go

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where did the DVD drives go: Hello! A strange one for me. The DVD drives do not show except on Device Manager or Disk Management. SO NO DVD Drives in File Manager. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and make sure that you have a great day! 38593