Windows 10: Hotkey for changing scaling level?

Discus and support Hotkey for changing scaling level? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muyfa666, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Hotkey for changing scaling level?

Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10?

I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs.

Any chance of this happening?

:)

Muyfa666, Oct 9, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Scroll Button Problem

You can edit the HotKeys in Blender, see instructions below:

Please edit the source to change the hotkeys. The files you want to look in are space.c and toets.c. It is planned that the hotkeys would become easier to change in some time in future. Though it is not hard to maintain your own build if you can code a bit.

You can restrict translating, scaling, whatever to a plane in following ways:

Use "g,shift-x" to restrict grabbing on z-y plane in global space. If you hit shift-x twice, it is constrained on space defined by alt-space (also seen in header). Basically the rule is "<transformation hotkey>,shift-<axis not to transform>".

If you hit for instance "s,x,x", you constraint scaling to be on x axis of orientation set with alt-space yet again.

You can use alt-space while performing a transformation.

I hope this Helps

DaveM121, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Screen Orientation Hotkey in Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10

To my knowledge, there's no native hotkey to change screen orientation in these versions of Windows. If this is indeed the case, do we know why this change was made?

I was guessing it was due to the possibility that, like me, most others only used the Windows 7 hotkey to correct orientation changes which other users (or their cats) initiated inadvertently, and that removing this hotkey was deemed beneficial for this
    reason. I'm not sure though.

SaladChest, Oct 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    I have already accomplished this. What I hope to do is to have kind of a quick shortcut that actually sets eg. scaling 125% and another one that sets scaling 100%. Something like this. Is it at all possible? I'd even be happy to buy some third party program that could do this for me.

Muyfa666, Oct 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You've now defined the question differently. Hope you get an answer..

Meanwhile here's what I suggest in outline:
    Download and install Regshot (free) = just search for it.
    With your PC idle- as little activity as you can.. create a snapshot with Regshot.
    Now change your scaling.
    Create a second snapshot with Regshot.

When finished, Compare.

Inspect the result. By noting what change is made in the registry, you may with due caution be able to find the change made. Given the registry change, then create e.g. a bat file that does that.
    Then a shortcut and hot key to that file.

Repeat for each scaling level you want.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Muyfa666 Win User
    Muyfa666, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotkey for changing scaling level? - Similar Threads - Hotkey changing scaling

2. changing difficulty level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing difficulty level: My pc always had the option to change the difficulty level in the solitare collection.Now I can't change them. what is wrong. I want that option back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-difficulty-level/937ab221-fffa-4d02-9212-5817ec7d82af
  3. Change Print Screen hotkey?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Print Screen hotkey?: The laptop I recently bought has no print screen key, so when I downloaded lightshot, it asked what hotkey I wanted and I set it to Ctrl+UpArrow. I just found out that a program that I'm using uses this hot key so I need to change it to something else. I cant change it via...
  4. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657
  5. custom scaling level not initializing sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom scaling level not initializing sometimes: I'm running a 4K display at 3840x2160 so I've set my custom scaling level to 150%. Once in a while when I wake the system up and unlock my session the icons are shrunk (probably down to 100%). If I log out and log in again I'm back to normal. I notice the settings dialog...
  6. Change F hotkeys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change F hotkeys: Hi! I installed Win10 some time ago, and I just installed the driver so I can disable Wi-Fi with the F key. When I do that, the OS goes into Air Plane mode, is there any way so I can make the F key to disable only Wi-Fi? 2607
  7. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In: [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it. Is it at all possible to do this?...
  8. Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10: How to: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 How to Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display resolution and size; a...
  9. Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?: Hi, i'm (as many of you guys, as i can see on those forums) experiencing DPI-Awareness issues on my brand new laptop. I'm running windows 10 and thanks to those forums, i was able to partitialy fix it. All of those solutions, i could find here, worked for me (custom scaling...
  10. Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization...