Windows 10: Hotkey for changing scaling level?

Discus and support Hotkey for changing scaling level? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muyfa666, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Hotkey for changing scaling level?

Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10?

I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs.

Any chance of this happening?

:)

Muyfa666, Oct 9, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Scroll Button Problem

You can edit the HotKeys in Blender, see instructions below:

Please edit the source to change the hotkeys. The files you want to look in are space.c and toets.c. It is planned that the hotkeys would become easier to change in some time in future. Though it is not hard to maintain your own build if you can code a bit.

You can restrict translating, scaling, whatever to a plane in following ways:

Use "g,shift-x" to restrict grabbing on z-y plane in global space. If you hit shift-x twice, it is constrained on space defined by alt-space (also seen in header). Basically the rule is "<transformation hotkey>,shift-<axis not to transform>".

If you hit for instance "s,x,x", you constraint scaling to be on x axis of orientation set with alt-space yet again.

You can use alt-space while performing a transformation.

I hope this Helps

DaveM121, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Screen Orientation Hotkey in Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10

To my knowledge, there's no native hotkey to change screen orientation in these versions of Windows. If this is indeed the case, do we know why this change was made?

I was guessing it was due to the possibility that, like me, most others only used the Windows 7 hotkey to correct orientation changes which other users (or their cats) initiated inadvertently, and that removing this hotkey was deemed beneficial for this
    reason. I'm not sure though.

SaladChest, Oct 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    I have already accomplished this. What I hope to do is to have kind of a quick shortcut that actually sets eg. scaling 125% and another one that sets scaling 100%. Something like this. Is it at all possible? I'd even be happy to buy some third party program that could do this for me.

Muyfa666, Oct 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You've now defined the question differently. Hope you get an answer..

Meanwhile here's what I suggest in outline:
    Download and install Regshot (free) = just search for it.
    With your PC idle- as little activity as you can.. create a snapshot with Regshot.
    Now change your scaling.
    Create a second snapshot with Regshot.

When finished, Compare.

Inspect the result. By noting what change is made in the registry, you may with due caution be able to find the change made. Given the registry change, then create e.g. a bat file that does that.
    Then a shortcut and hot key to that file.

Repeat for each scaling level you want.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Muyfa666 Win User
    Muyfa666, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotkey for changing scaling level? - Similar Threads - Hotkey changing scaling

2. Changing Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Hotkeys: Hi, I'm fairly new to Windows as I just switched over from Macs, and I was wondering if it was possible to switch/change hotkeys. From what I've seen and researched, modifying hotkeys only works for certain keyboards. I'm using a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard and I...
  3. Hotkey change

Hotkey change: I seem to have accidentally changed some hotkey so that entering "shift + s" brings up a screen snipping tool. This is extremely obnoxious when I want to type a capital S; I have to stop what I'm doing, hit escape to exit the snip tool, and then use caps lock to do it. Anyone...
  4. Hotkey For Scaling In Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hotkey For Scaling In Windows 10?: Is it possible to toggle a hotkey for switching between 100% and 125% scaling? I know how to accomplish this using Windows Settings, but I was hoping to perform it without entering the menu and adjusting the setting directly. If not natively within Windows, how about...
  5. Is it possible to have hotkeys to do display scaling?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to have hotkeys to do display scaling?: I find myself needing to change my display scaling very frequently from 150% to 100% and back again because I have certain apps that are hard to use at 150% scaling, such as Affinity Photo and Vegas Pro, but 100% scaling is uncomfortably small for everything else. I have a...
  6. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657
  7. custom scaling level not initializing sometimes

custom scaling level not initializing sometimes: I'm running a 4K display at 3840x2160 so I've set my custom scaling level to 150%. Once in a while when I wake the system up and unlock my session the icons are shrunk (probably down to 100%). If I log out and log in again I'm back to normal. I notice the settings dialog...
  8. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In: [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it. Is it at all possible to do this?...
  9. Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10: How to: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 How to Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display resolution and size; a...
  10. Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Change Display Scaling Zoom Level of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotkeys change scaling windows