Windows 10: @hotmail or @outlook?

Discus and support @hotmail or @outlook? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook? 69931 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bluzeboy, Nov 15, 2016.

1. bluzeboy Win User

@hotmail or @outlook?

I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook?

:)

bluzeboy, Nov 15, 2016

2. SCreate email using Hotmail or Outlook via hotmail

Try to download and re-install Windows Live from MarketPlace.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Nov 15, 2016
  3. SCreate email using Hotmail or Outlook via hotmail

Open Windows Live and click Menu > Account Options. Switch Windows Live ID. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Le tme know if this helps

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

@hotmail or @outlook?

No. Microsoft has changed the name of the service to Outlook.com, but all old Microsoft email addresses (Hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) continue working as before.

All new accounts created will be outlook.com, new user / new accounts can no longer select Hotmail or Live.

5. bluzeboy Win User
    thanks kari

bluzeboy, Nov 17, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    To confirm, Hotmail.com still works but it may look more like Outlook.com and the URL may redirect. I have accounts with both and no problem except it's easier to use different browsers to avoid confusion or having to log out of one before logging into the other, also not a problem as I have 4 browsers installed.

Berton, Nov 17, 2016
  7. Captain Win User
    Yeah I have some still in hotmail... but Outlook is way better so thankfully that they upgraded it.
    I miss when email was simple.

Captain, Nov 21, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

@hotmail or @outlook?

I have @Hotmail.com for many years now and still using it. I receive mail in both Outlook and Windows mail APP.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2016
  9. I still use msn.com and that goes through ok on both outlook and the new Mail App

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

@hotmail or @outlook?

1. @hotmail or @outlook? - Similar Threads - @hotmail @outlook

2. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  3. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  4. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login loop after changing alias from hotmail to outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login loop after changing alias from hotmail to outlook: Hi,Last week I was locked out of my account because as anyone that uses Hotmail/Outlook can attest to the fact that there's 9001 failed logins to their account. I was not hacked, no one had my account information. I was locked out because I have it selected to request a new...
  6. Login loop after changing alias from hotmail to outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login loop after changing alias from hotmail to outlook: Hi,Last week I was locked out of my account because as anyone that uses Hotmail/Outlook can attest to the fact that there's 9001 failed logins to their account. I was not hacked, no one had my account information. I was locked out because I have it selected to request a new...
  7. Login loop after changing alias from hotmail to outlook

8. During trial for New Outlook, my hotmail and msn email accounts were linked. MSN has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During trial for New Outlook, my hotmail and msn email accounts were linked. MSN has...: I have been using the New Outlook with both my MSN and Hotmail accounts linked. Yesterday the msn account disappeared and I can no longer toggle to the original outlook. the MSN account is still active....
  9. During trial for New Outlook, my hotmail and msn email accounts were linked. MSN has...

During trial for New Outlook, my hotmail and msn email accounts were linked. MSN has...: I have been using the New Outlook with both my MSN and Hotmail accounts linked. Yesterday the msn account disappeared and I can no longer toggle to the original outlook. the MSN account is still active....
  10. Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?: I had a hotmail account which I have been using for years since 1990-1991. Recently Micro soft discontinues Hotmail and all my emails of years having extremely important information and data are now no longer accessible. Can anyone please help me in how to retreive this data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotmail

2. différence @hotmail ou @outlook