Windows 10: @hotmail or @outlook?

Discus and support @hotmail or @outlook? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook? 69931 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bluzeboy, Nov 15, 2016.

1. bluzeboy Win User

@hotmail or @outlook?

I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook?

:)

bluzeboy, Nov 15, 2016

2. SCreate email using Hotmail or Outlook via hotmail

Try to download and re-install Windows Live from MarketPlace.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Nov 15, 2016
  3. SCreate email using Hotmail or Outlook via hotmail

Open Windows Live and click Menu > Account Options. Switch Windows Live ID. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Le tme know if this helps

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

@hotmail or @outlook?

No. Microsoft has changed the name of the service to Outlook.com, but all old Microsoft email addresses (Hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) continue working as before.

All new accounts created will be outlook.com, new user / new accounts can no longer select Hotmail or Live.

5. bluzeboy Win User
    thanks kari

bluzeboy, Nov 17, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    To confirm, Hotmail.com still works but it may look more like Outlook.com and the URL may redirect. I have accounts with both and no problem except it's easier to use different browsers to avoid confusion or having to log out of one before logging into the other, also not a problem as I have 4 browsers installed.

Berton, Nov 17, 2016
  7. Captain Win User
    Yeah I have some still in hotmail... but Outlook is way better so thankfully that they upgraded it.
    I miss when email was simple.

Captain, Nov 21, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

@hotmail or @outlook?

I have @Hotmail.com for many years now and still using it. I receive mail in both Outlook and Windows mail APP.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2016
  9. I still use msn.com and that goes through ok on both outlook and the new Mail App

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

@hotmail or @outlook?

1. @hotmail or @outlook? - Similar Threads - @hotmail @outlook

2. Not able to log into Hotmail account in Outlook 365 when using a VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to log into Hotmail account in Outlook 365 when using a VPN: I have a couple of Hotmail accounts that I have setup to use in Outlook 365. When I have my VPN on and do a "Send/Receive" I get a toast message saying that I need to login to my Hotmail account. (shown here) [ATTACH] When I "Click here" on the message box, I get taken to...
  3. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  4. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my...
  5. Why am I blocked from hotmail and outlook?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I blocked from hotmail and outlook?: My email has been blocked all day. It says to put in my password but there is no place to add my password. I can't send email to anyone except my son who has a Hotmail address....
  6. 0x800706d9 on all hotmail/outlook addresses in windows 10 app and outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x800706d9 on all hotmail/outlook addresses in windows 10 app and outlook 365: I originally had a warning saying I had to resign in.. the error code 0x800706d9 Next, I removed email addresses both Hotmail and the outlook Same code came up. My windows are up to date I attempted to take the computer back to a date before it happened. Only 2...
  7. Hotmail ( Outlook) mailbox getting full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail ( Outlook) mailbox getting full: I want to backup my email to a hard disk. I am using the online client I get when I go to www.hotmail.com. The references I can find are out of date....
  8. Hotmail/Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail/Outlook: I have Windows 10 and use Outlook as my email. Before Outlook I had a Hotmail email address and updated to Outlook when Microsoft said that Hotmail will no longer be used. I have been getting unwanted e-mails from my old Hotmail address. Is there any way I can delete my...
  9. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...
  10. automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

in Browsers and Email
    automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled: Hi On my laptop using Windows 10 with Edge browser or IE11 browser when I go to Hotmail (now Outlook mail) I must sign in....always. On My Windows 10 desktop using Edge browser when I select Hotmail (now Outlook mail) it automatically signs into my email. This is not good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotmail

2. différence @hotmail ou @outlook