Windows 10: Hotspot Error

Discus and support Hotspot Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My name is Ethan. I have recently had some issues involving My computer's hotspot. (Not my phones) and I was testing something out and I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ethan Townsend, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Hotspot Error

Hello, My name is Ethan. I have recently had some issues involving My computer's hotspot. (Not my phones) and I was testing something out and I came across the Network and Sharing On my Control Panel, I clicked it and a couple other things and It lead me to this Board Having my Internet, Ethernet, and Mobile Hotspot name on it. As I was testing then, I decided to click Disable on the Hospot and it disappeared. I have tried Restarting my Computer and Have tried activating it by pressing the button. It won't work!

:)

Ethan Townsend, Feb 2, 2018
  2. Pertinent Detail, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Mobile Hotspot

no error message for mobile hotspot. it just does not turn on. It gets stuck on starting hotspot

sweggojeans, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Hotspot Error

Hey Ethan,

Is the window you described look something like this?

Hotspot Error [​IMG]

Midou35000, Feb 2, 2018
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Hello Ethan & Welcome to Tenforums.

It would appear that you may have accidentally disabled your actual network adaptor

If you click on start, the the settings, (Cog icon), then the Network & Internet Option.

There is a troubleshooter option you can use to guide you through what you need to do to regain internet/network access, although in you case it should just be a case of clicking on the Adaptor settings and setting it to enabled

If this does not work then you may have to re-create the Hotspot itself, not sure if this was a function that you added or one that came with your system (if this is the case then check the documentation for your system and follow that.

If you do get stuck we may be able to assist further but would need full specs for the system involved and the types of network in use

Barman58, Feb 2, 2018
  6. Hi, so That would work,But as I said It dissapeared. I Cannot enable it because it it gone. Any suggestions?

Ethan Townsend, Feb 4, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    In Device Manager, under the View tab, click Show Hidden Devices. If you're lucky, the missing hotspot will now appear, and you'll be able to re-enable it. If not, let us know and we'll suggest other strategies. BTW, what kind of network interface does your PC have anyway?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 5, 2018
  8. Hotspot Error

Hi, I got it all to work. Thanks for the help/Suggestions! I Found the "Restest Network Adaptors" Allowing me tto get the Hotspot back with only consequences of relogging back into my Internet. Thanks, Ethan

Ethan Townsend, Feb 5, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Just to be clear, I believe you meant to type "Reset Network Adapters," correct? And to help other readers, here's a link to the TenForums tutorial on this very subject: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hotspot Error

1. Hotspot Error - Similar Threads - Hotspot Error

2. "We can't setup mobile hotspot - Error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't setup mobile hotspot - Error message: I have an HP Prodesk 400 G5 SFF, Intel Pentium Gold, G5400 3.70mhz, 16 GB, computer, running Windows !! PRO, and to my surprise when I got it there was no Bluetooth or Network adapter, so I purchased a Bluetooth dongle, and a NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter 802.11ac Dual...
  3. "We can't setup mobile hotspot - Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We can't setup mobile hotspot - Error message: I have an HP Prodesk 400 G5 SFF, Intel Pentium Gold, G5400 3.70mhz, 16 GB, computer, running Windows !! PRO, and to my surprise when I got it there was no Bluetooth or Network adapter, so I purchased a Bluetooth dongle, and a NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter 802.11ac Dual...
  4. Double-Headed Issue: Laptop Hotspot and Xbox One Network Connection Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-Headed Issue: Laptop Hotspot and Xbox One Network Connection Error: Hello! I come with two problems that are somewhat related. My university uses a security protocol with which my Xbox One is incompatible. I had seen online that a solution is to connect your Xbox to the hotspot of a laptop running Windows 10, but I cannot get my hotspot to...
  5. Double-Headed Issue: Laptop Hotspot and Xbox One Network Connection Error

Double-Headed Issue: Laptop Hotspot and Xbox One Network Connection Error: Hello! I come with two problems that are somewhat related. My university uses a security protocol with which my Xbox One is incompatible. I had seen online that a solution is to connect your Xbox to the hotspot of a laptop running Windows 10, but I cannot get my hotspot to...
  6. Double-Headed Issue: Laptop Hotspot and Xbox One Network Connection Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  8. Hotspot connection error

Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  9. Hotspot connection error

10. Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot

Connection Error when turning on Mobile Hotspot: I've been using my Windows 10 lenovo laptop to set up a hotspot which I then use to connect my phone to the internet. This was working fine until yesterday. What happens now is that whenever I turn on the hotspot on my laptop, I get browser connection errors even if no device...