Windows 10: Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation

Discus and support Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Used Hotspot Shield few years ago. Greatly effected speed and was difficult to remove. Not surprised about this accusation. The free... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by torre, Aug 7, 2017.

1. torre Win User

Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation

Used Hotspot Shield few years ago. Greatly effected speed and was difficult to remove. Not surprised about this accusation.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hotspot-sh...cy-accusation/

:)

torre, Aug 7, 2017

2. HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

Nelson_Col, Aug 7, 2017
  3. niloyrj Win User
    Problem in Mobile Hotspot in Windows10 anniversary update.

Hotspot shield free VPN not installing

niloyrj, Aug 7, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

They install Conduit with their VPN. search (dot) conduit (dot) com. Sort of defeats the purpose of a VPN.

simrick, Aug 7, 2017
  5. isaccasi Win User
    I also had hotspot shield then when I finally got it removed,I had not any Ethernet or Wifi drivers.
    I do not love Anchorfree.

isaccasi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation - Similar Threads - Hotspot Shield VPN

2. Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield: Has anyone heard of an app called HotSpot Shield, I'm guessing it is a VPN. It showed up on my Fujitsu Q704 convertible after I allowed a bunch of updates to be done after I purchased it. Wondering if it is any good or not, or if it is a umm, well, bs app. Also I am an owner...
  3. How do I get rid of hotspot shield virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of hotspot shield virus?: Hotspot shield is NOT in my control panel and it’s still installed how do I get rid of it? submitted by /u/awesomebrett57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy8jd5/how_do_i_get_rid_of_hotspot_shield_virus/
  4. Hotspot Shield VPN installed without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotspot Shield VPN installed without warning: Windows 10 just notified me that 'Hotspot Shield Free VPN' finished installing after booting up my machine. I work in a technical, computer-related field, so I'm a fairly competent pc user. I'm not sure if something I have on my machine could have installed? I'm on a fairly...
  5. How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN: Hi, I often use the Windows 10 built in "Mobile Hotspot" feature to share my notebook's internet connection ("Ethernet 2" in my Network Connections, wired). It makes use of the notebook's internal wifi card (Wi-Fi 4) to wirelessly transmit the internet signal to mobile...
  6. Mobile hotspot - vpn use

Mobile hotspot - vpn use: so i'm trying to set up one of my three ethernet connected networked pcs (all windows 10, 64 machines) as a mobile hotspot to be used as a vpn gateway for my apple tv, but i just can't quite sort it out and am hoping for some help. first, enabling "mobile hotspot" works on...
  7. RogueKiller identifies Hotspot Shield & Ultra Viewer as Trojans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RogueKiller identifies Hotspot Shield & Ultra Viewer as Trojans: So I just updated RogueKiller's signature to do my monthly scan and surprisingly it detected both Hotspot Shield (VPN) and Ultra Viewer (Team Viewer Free Alternative) as Trojans , funny this can hardly be called a false positive because the Trojan names assigned are the...
  8. Wifi Hotspot VPN Set up

Wifi Hotspot VPN Set up: Im trying to set up a hotspot with my windscribe vpn and when ever i try to log into the htospot with my phone it says " there might be no internet availability, what should i do?...
  9. Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

Uninstalling Hotspot Shield: About a year ago I installed an old version (7.6.4) of Hotspot Shield onto my laptop from filepuma. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Now my computer thinks that I have two versions installed and won't let me uninstall either version. Whenever I try this it says...
  10. Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819 messed up my VPN software (Hotspot Shield)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819 messed up my VPN software (Hotspot Shield): When I installed Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4338819 on my PC my VPN software stopped working and would not launch. Uninstalled update and VPN started working again. First time I installed update I downloaded the standalone update. I reinstalled update through windows...