Windows 10: Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

Discus and support Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shivasayian, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every single one of these critical events are listed under Kernel-Power. Does anybody have a solution to this issue that does not include completely backing up my PC?

:)

shivasayian, Nov 23, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

Computer reboots with: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef

The dmp file showed a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef) stop error (BSOD).

The Release Notes for the Intel storage driver lists a resolved issue being a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef) BSOD.

The S3/S4 would be related to sleep if you notice the error tends to occur more going into or out of sleep.

I believe the new driver would be very beneficial but as a general precaution you could create a System Restore Point beforehand.

auggy, Nov 23, 2015
  3. LudwigAJ Win User
    BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Nov 23, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.
    If the system does not crash in safe mode, it indicates a 3rd party driver or software is conflicting and thus causing problems.
    To find this 3rd party driver or software, we could try a few things.
    If the system does crash in safe mode, it indicates a hardware problem. Unfortunately we can only test a few components of the several that could have influence/causing it.

Do you have warranty? In case it is a hardware problem.

5. I restored my computer to factory settings and this fixed the problem, I did this before reading your response, but it seemed to have fixed the problem

shivasayian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

1. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died - Similar Threads - Hourly BSOD error

2. BSOD error due to ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD error due to ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, recently over the past few weeks I've been experiencing BSOD due to the following error identified by whocrashed: On Tue 18-08-2020 03:46:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081820-10859-01.dmp This was probably...
  3. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors: As the title says, I first got a kmode_exeption_not_handled error on Windows 10 most recent version. I reset my PC and then it ran fine for a few minutes. Then it would get the kmode error again. I tried updating my network drivers, one of which was a Realtek Gaming gbe...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code): Greetings, I am having this problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I have also hard reset the BIOS by pulling its battery out for a minute. Sadly, none of these have fixed the problem. I have gathered files for inspection: DMP files archived in a zip file, .NFO file...
  6. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  7. BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef

BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef: I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time now and have not found a way to fix it, so far I have tried doing a chkdsk and an sfc /scannow as advised by other sites but unfortunately it hasn't help me much, although I will do them again if need be. The error...
  8. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died: I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore...
  9. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently: Hi, If anyone can help I would really appreciated it, just got this machine and can't really get anything done on it as the keep getting 'critical_process_died' error. It generally happens when streaming or watching media. I have tried the following media players...
  10. BSOD critical_process_died with no dump after 2 hours of uptime

BSOD critical_process_died with no dump after 2 hours of uptime: Hi, I've a Dell XPS 15 9550 (512GB SSD PCIe) that gives me a BSOD after at least two hours of uptime. It doesn't create any dump, it only gives me the error on the BSOD critical_process_died. I alredy tried to do various clean install of the OS redownloaded a lot of times and...