Windows 10: Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

Discus and support Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ken1943 Win User

Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop.

I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup.

Driving me nuts !

Where did they hide the setting ?

Thanks

:)

ken1943, Sep 30, 2017

2. My desktop shows no icons

Hi Aleksandar!

I had the same problem, no icons showing on my Desktop, they're in my File Explorer folder, but not showing on the actual desktop itself. And I just discovered how to fix it! Go to your blank desktop (the actual one, not the File Explorer folder), right-click
    anywhere; a popup menu will appear hover over "View" and a submenu will appear. Move your cursor over to the new submenu and roll down to "Show Desktop Icons" and click. PRESTO! Your icons will appear, and you can further customize how they appear with
    the other menu selections on the right-click desktop menu.

Hope that helps! I'm loving Windows 10! Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder :D

Cheers!

-ChicoThorn, Sep 30, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    new folder in documents

Another way is if you are in File Explorer right click Documents, in the popup scroll down to New and hover and move to folder and click on it. This will show a New folder, right click on it and then on Rename. The New folder shows a color over it and
    you click on it and type your new name for the folder.

lacrumb, Sep 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 30, 2017
  5. ken1943 Win User
    thank you, if I can find the bookmark, I will know in the future

ken1943, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder - Similar Threads - Hover desktop icon

2. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?: I added a .jpg to show how <rename> popup hides the <+> option in explorer.There are countlesss other examples. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons-in/f32ea237-a300-44df-be0d-6a6a40b643f9
  5. How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?

How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?: I added a .jpg to show how <rename> popup hides the <+> option in explorer.There are countlesss other examples. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons-in/f32ea237-a300-44df-be0d-6a6a40b643f9
  6. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  9. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  10. Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click

Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click: I had a program that did this Years. It allowed you to make a folder on the desktop, put anything in the folder you wanted, and instead of opening the folder, you could mouse over it like a right click context menu and have access to those files/shortcuts within the folder,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open file explorer but shows screen when hovering over icon

2. popup on windows that shows programs

3. Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click