Windows 10: How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by isaumya, Jul 31, 2015.

1. isaumya Win User

How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

Hi,
    I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues with Windows 10.
    I've already seen this post - Solved Does mail run in the background? - Windows 10 Forums of your forum where you guys has mentioned that the Windows 10 default Mail app only run in background if the Calender app has been merged with it.
    I've merged the calender app and also set up my mail app, the the problem is that I don't receive any notification, when I receive new mails. So, I dig deep and find out that "Mail" app is not showing in the "Background Apps" list.

How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I've also tried to enable every kind of notification from Mail app, so that I receive the notification when new mail arrives. This is really important to me. Otherwise I miss my important emails.

So if any of you guys know how to fix this issue so that my Mail apps keep running on background and I get the notification for my new emails, please let me know and help. Though I'm not sure if this is only me or someone else too who is facing this same issue like me. Please help!

:)

isaumya, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Dr.Sponge Win User

No Mail app listed here:

Dr.Sponge, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

None of the "Answers" by Microsoft's overseas call center/forum mods ever work. Keep in mind they don't get paid to think for themselves, they just read a script, or copy and paste the same roboform crap for every post. Better off asking your questions on
    the Windows 10 forum.

I've learned if you got to come here for an answer (or ask a question), then there probably isn't an answer available...yet.

Suneku's post is correct and will fix the problem, just be careful in powershell.

Britton Burton, Jul 31, 2015
  4. YEU
    yeu Win User

Same problem here, I hope somebody has a solution.

5. It seems a lot of people are having this problem. I'm guessing a bug. I read we're supposed to get our first Service Release 1 (SR1) this month so hopefully this will be a bug that's squashed.

thunderclap, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Spiff Win User
    So...? Any idea how to fix it? Still nothing! *Sad
    *Mad

Spiff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add Mail app

2. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  3. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  4. How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app

How to add TalkTalk email to Mail app: Hi, I’m trying to add a talktalk email to the Mail app not Outlook on a new laptop for a family member and it’s giving me this message every time I try to sync the emails: “We couldnt access this account :talktalk.You might need to update your password or give the account...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  6. How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons: Hello guys! Is there anyway I can run the app and not see it in task bar? I was hoping that I can move the app to the tray icons but I didn't find any good information in the web.. Thank you!...
  7. How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add windows 10 mail app to a list of programs: Hi, I know that windows mail is not a .exe file and is a .mui file, but is there anyway to add these apps to a list of programs. In my case I need to let my computer know to use integrated graphics when running the mail app I have a problem with the mail app and my dedicated...
  8. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  9. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

How to Add new Folder in Mail app: I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-add-new-folder-in-mail-app/eba6a52e-a019-454e-a1af-a203f296706e
  10. Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Delete Accounts in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...