Windows 10: How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

Discus and support How and to whom I report scams on my computers? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft scam on my MAC Air computer. Just wanted to let you know. My MAC is a backup for my Windows 10 desktop. I shut the MAC down, no damage.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMahoney2, Jul 5, 2018.

1. How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

Microsoft scam on my MAC Air computer. Just wanted to let you know. My MAC is a backup for my Windows 10 desktop. I shut the MAC down, no damage.

:)

DavidMahoney2, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Jul 5, 2018
  3. How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

How and to whom I report scams on my computers?

1. How and to whom I report scams on my computers? - Similar Threads - whom report scams

2. To Report Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Report Microsoft Scam: In April 2023, we were scammed by a fake microsoft tech. We received a message on our computer that it had been hacked and we need to call the Microsoft number on the screen. We paid $615.00 to clean up the problem. However, on July 3, the message appeared on our computer...
  3. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?: I just got 3 emails that I am trying to sign-in, one from Indonesia, the other is from Saudi Arabia and I don't even know when the 3rd one is. How do I contact Microsoft Fraud department to tell them to check these IP addresses....
  4. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?: I just got 3 emails that I am trying to sign-in, one from Indonesia, the other is from Saudi Arabia and I don't even know when the 3rd one is. How do I contact Microsoft Fraud department to tell them to check these IP addresses....
  5. How do I contact Microsoft to report a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Report Scam

Report Scam: just downloaded Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. A threat popped up saying I had been hacked. Called the number that said Microsoft...….844-532-2267...….lost call and lady named Katherine Wilson #1182 immediately called me back on 844-517-2296. Long story short, she got...
  7. Reporting Scam received

Reporting Scam received: [IMG] Received the following scam. Just want to make others aware The Voice warning kept staying if you shutdown your computer hackers will have access to your information. They had me type something in the run window, then asked me to put in my name and they would provide...
  8. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

how do I report scam or a fraud situation: I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-scam-or-a-fraud-situation/45fc9f00-e1ab-4d76-af7f-ea80c4786e79
  9. How can I STOP a hacker from freezing up my computer and whom can I report info I have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I STOP a hacker from freezing up my computer and whom can I report info I have...: I have a hacker trying to extort money from me as he is shutting down my computer today 10/3/2018 started at 10:53 a.m. from phone # 1866-281-9836 this hacker has also called from phone# 888-351-0767 this is where it originally started 9/22/2018 there are 2 men calling both...
  10. Internet Scam? How to report, if so.

Internet Scam? How to report, if so.: Got popup to call a # & enter code for updates. I called to verify & they said they're Microsoft Support for all software systems. I asked for Tax ID # to verify & was given #23458. THAT'S NOT A TAX ID#! Is this legit & rep just not give correct info or is this some kind of...