Windows 10: how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive

Discus and support how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good Day All just curios as to how i can see what is in the sect 4 of the attached macrium picture. and on the tree size file does any of the folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dmesal, Oct 11, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive

Good Day All
    just curios as to how i can see what is in the sect 4 of the attached macrium picture. and on the tree size file does any of the folders jump out as being too big?

jus trying to do a little house cleaning before i go back to sea while i still have internet to fix any mess i may create

Many Thanks
    how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive [​IMG]
    hd clean up.pdf

:)

dmesal, Oct 11, 2016

2. C partition space Windows release

Good morning,

I installed Windows 10 licensed pro
    some time ago, with the
    C partition as follows:

-spaţiu C drive is 200 GB

-Installing Windows is 54 GB

-Installation programs is 5 GB

Free -spaţiu is 141 GB

My desire is to clean your windows
    and have more space as
    it seems to me greatly increase the
    floor space in your C drive programs
    neinstalând

My question is:

How can I clean unnecessary files
    to a Windows cleaner?

Obviously freeing up considerable space
    on your C drive more.

Wait for response!

A good day!

AdrianDragomir, Oct 11, 2016
  3. N97 mini - format C:

The C: drive on my N97 contains quite some debris. And I want to clean it up. So I did a hard reset: LeftShift+Space+BkSpace+On . Yet this seems to leave the C drive untouched. For instance, MfE log files are still there and I did not install MfE yet

How do I format the C: drive?

theking2---01, Oct 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

That's a partition that is part of Windows.. it supports automatic repair 'recovery' functions. A Windows installation creates several partitions.

You can create a Macrium system image (great you're using disk imaging!) including all these partitions with check boxes already ticked by selecting
    Backup, Windows Backup

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  5. dmesal Win User
    please elaborate i only downloaded the program and seen what i could see, yes i want a back up but i'm also trying to clean house and still have time to fix any mess ups that may happen

dmesal, Oct 11, 2016
  6. dmesal Win User
    many thanks for the reply
    i just made a image/backup of the drive all seems well althogh i was hopeing to clean things up first, but after rethinking it s probably better to do it now and then work from there
    i still need to clean house though

dmesal, Oct 11, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    You have loads of space on C: - no problem.

Two ways to clean up:
    1. Run Ccleaner periodically (free)
    2. Disk clean-up (Rt click a drive, Properties, General)

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Your C:/ drive is clean enough, that's only one to worry about space wise.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive - Similar Threads - were save space

2. How to clean my c drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean my c drive?: Hi so I've had a problem for a while that my c drive is always in the red and me trying to perform disk cleanups aren't working. The only folders I have in there that take up any space are the necessary Program Files and Users ones. Any way to fix this?...
  3. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  4. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  5. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  6. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  7. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  8. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  9. How to clean up my old c: drive?

10. How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?: [ATTACH] I need extra Disk Space on my C Drive it is currently at 117 MB how can I increase it to 1 TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-extra-space-disk-space-on-my-c/1f4a723f-ee42-4e52-a28f-c346f6d03341"