Windows 10: how and what files should i clean/delete?

Discus and support how and what files should i clean/delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After i upgraded to 10, i notice that it take off afew GB. I try to clean all temp files and shadow copy but still not able to get back the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gradeabra, Jul 3, 2016.

1. gradeabra Win User

how and what files should i clean/delete?

Hello,

After i upgraded to 10, i notice that it take off afew GB. I try to clean all temp files and shadow copy but still not able to get back the space. What did i miss?

:)

gradeabra, Jul 3, 2016
  2. Carl Yore Win User

What does this say and what should I do? I have had no formal training on the computer and I am self taught. I am seeking help from that reference point to resolve this error message

Thank you very much for your response, I did however manage to reinstall my OS. I will keep this antidote handy for any future unforeseen that rear their ugly heads. Again, Thanks for your help.

Carl Yore, Jul 3, 2016
  3. What does this say and what should I do? I have had no formal training on the computer and I am self taught. I am seeking help from that reference point to resolve this error message

Hi Carl,

It seems that the error has something to do with a hardware. Have you recently installed or updated one of your hardware? We also suggest doing an automatic troubleshooting and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how to do a troubleshoot for your
    hardware:

• Press Start.
    • Type in Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Find and fix problems with devices and hardware under
      Hardware and Devices.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 3, 2016
  4. TOC
    toc Win User
  5. gradeabra Win User
    Hi,

I just tried the above but still not getting back space. Is 10 bigger than 7 actually?

gradeabra, Jul 3, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    I believe so; you have lots of good geek stuff that provides and manages touch-screen service; that's how all that cool stuff you see on TV for Windows 10 gets done. *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how and what files should i clean/delete?

1. how and what files should i clean/delete? - Similar Threads - files should clean

2. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  3. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  4. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I delete the run vbs file what should i do?: I delete the file what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-run-vbs-file-what-should-i-do/f12b1797-654c-4f82-83a6-1d37a09402f3
  6. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I delete the run vbs file what should i do?: I delete the file what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-run-vbs-file-what-should-i-do/f12b1797-654c-4f82-83a6-1d37a09402f3
  7. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Should I delete these files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I delete these files?: Hello.I had deleted Browser Assistant on my PC. I was looking for files with "edge" in them and found these files near the bottom.They have Browser Assistant in their path.So it begs the question; was the whole Browser Assistand file deleted and should I delete these files?I...
  9. i deleted a file in regedit what should i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    i deleted a file in regedit what should i do: i deleted the sizer file in regedit is it fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-file-in-regedit-what-should-i-do/351d18ae-192c-4915-a44c-132bf760900e
  10. What is Smartctl.exe, and should I delete it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Smartctl.exe, and should I delete it: Protected memory access blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-smartctlexe-and-should-i-delete-it/5acd6995-9ba0-4aa7-b648-f3250f5672aa"