Windows 10: How apps are grouped under the Start menu

Discus and support How apps are grouped under the Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. How apps are grouped under the Start menu

Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in sub-groups lacking a better word for it but hope you still understand what I mean.

I have lots of airport scenery products installed from a company called Aerosoft and in Windows 7 I had a group called Aerosoft under the Start menu and then when I installed airport scenery products for lets say Stockholm and Oslo I got two new sub-groups under the already existing Aerosoft group called Stockholm and Oslo in this example. These sub-groups in turn contains a number of items such as links to documentation and charts over the airport and in some cases a config tool and so on.

However in Windows 10 I only have the Aerosoft group and when I install new products made by Aerosoft they all end up as mentioned already directly under the Aerosoft group and no sub-groups are created. The result is after installing a number of products from Aerosoft I have a total mess of items under the Aerosoft group and it's hard to know which item/link belongs to which product.

Since I didn't have this issue in Windows 7 when installing the same products it must be a Windows 10 issue so now I'm wondering if someone in here knows how to fix this if it's even possible. Or maybe the only solution is for the developer to write installation programs that are fully Windows 10 compatible?

Was hoping maybe there's a Start menu setting somewhere I missed that could sort this.

Anyone who knows?

:)

WebMaximus, Oct 5, 2015

2. Apps Groups in windows 10

I am asking about the "Apps Groups" "Life at a Glance" and "Play and Explore". These are areas in the start menu by default but if you "unpin" all the Apps in a "Apps Group" that Group goes away. If you add Apps to the start they just end up under the
    "Apps Group" that is left and that is where they stay.

How can I get back the second "Apps Group" that went away when I unpinned all the Apps in that group?

RoyMcDaniel, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Life at a Glance and Play and Explore Missing after reinsall

I think there asking about the "Apps Groups" "Life at a Glance" and "Play and Explore". These are areas in the start menu by default but if you "unpin" all the Apps in a "Apps Group" that Group goes away. If you add Apps to the start they just end up under
    the "Apps Group" that is left and that is where they stay.

How can I get back the second "Apps Group" that went away when I unpinned all the Apps in that group?

RoyMcDaniel, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

How apps are grouped under the Start menu

1. How apps are grouped under the Start menu - Similar Threads - apps are grouped

2. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  5. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?: The start menu has groups of apps on the right side, e.g., Productivity, Explore, etc. How do I add a group of my own choosing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-group-for-app-shortcuts-on-the-start-menu/a88f905f-d124-4ae8-a862-50aacdc38d71
  6. More Groups on Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  7. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935
  8. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303
  9. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954