Windows 10: How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer?

Discus and support How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The previous replies quote some central rule that does not actually match what users see on the screen. It is therefore impossible to follow your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Francis_Fogbound, Aug 9, 2018.

1. How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer?

The previous replies quote some central rule that does not actually match what users see on the screen. It is therefore impossible to follow your answers.

Instead, why not use the system on the screen, viz;

1) Right click on the visible date on the lower right hand corner

2) Select (left click) "Adjust date and time"

3) Select "Change date and time formats"

….and then change the short date.

Sadly, there is no option to show a standard UK ddmmyy date, the most commonly required display. There is only a ddmmmyy which quotes the month in three letters instead of the required 2 numbers.

Apart from that it seems fine.

:)

Francis_Fogbound, Aug 9, 2018

2. Change date format in File Explorer

How do I change the date format in File Exp;lorer to UK style as opposed to US style

File Explorer- Original Title

PeterHartas, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Change date format in File Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Are you trying to change the format of the date that reflects besides your files and folders in File Explorer?

If that is the case then, I would like to inform you that you will be able to do so only if you change the system date format. To do so follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Time and Date that is located in the system tray on the task bar.

2. Click on Date and Time Settings.

3. Locate Additional Date, Time and Regional Settings.

4. Click on Date and Time.

5. Change Date and Time and then click on Change Calendar Settings.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer?

File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer?

1. How can a user show UK date format in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - user show date

2. How to Sort Files in Windows Explorer by Date Format in the Filename?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Sort Files in Windows Explorer by Date Format in the Filename?: Hi everyone,I have a folder in Windows Explorer that contains several files with names that include a date in the format "dd-mm-yyyy" e.g., 01-01-2022 File 1.txt, 02-03-2022 File 3.txt, 03-01-2022 File 2.txt. I would like to sort these files in ascending or descending order...
  3. How to Sort Files in Windows Explorer by Date Format in the Filename?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Sort Files in Windows Explorer by Date Format in the Filename?: Hi everyone,I have a folder in Windows Explorer that contains several files with names that include a date in the format "dd-mm-yyyy" e.g., 01-01-2022 File 1.txt, 02-03-2022 File 3.txt, 03-01-2022 File 2.txt. I would like to sort these files in ascending or descending order...
  4. File explorer not showing my user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not showing my user: So when I look in C:\Users, there's default, public, and my other account, just not my own. When I go in the search bar and manually type the name of my own account, it shows up like normal. Is there a way to fix this? I also have show hidden icons on....
  5. Date format on folders in explorer

Date format on folders in explorer: Hi I have many folders in windows explorer that are showing American date format yyyy-mm-dd how do i change so they display dd-mm-yyyy. All settings are uk including clock and date format....
  6. Can I use the UK date and time format while not enabling the UK keyboard input?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use the UK date and time format while not enabling the UK keyboard input?: I'm using the US keyboard layout as my main keyboard input, and I don't like having 2 English input languages, especially when I don't use the UK layout I need backslash, is there a way to just disable a keyboard input while keeping the language installed?...
  7. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  8. File explorer format

File explorer format: After the recent 1903 update I had noticed that the downloads folder in file explorer had a weird format to it. It was organized by "friendly date". is there any way to revert to the original layout prior to 1903? [ATTACH]...
  9. How to show each time in File explorer the date created

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show each time in File explorer the date created: How to show each time in File explorer the date created. Under the seach box, you can right to choose wish column you want to show. I often choose to add date created. But each time I have to go right click it, and choose it over and over. Is it not a way to do it...
  10. Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer: Running Windows 10 fully updated. My File Explorer windows show several columns in the Details View: the Filename, Date Modified, Date Created, etc. The Date is formatted like this: Day Month Date Time with the Day and Month truncated to 3 letters and the Date and Time as dd...