Windows 10: How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu?

Discus and support How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to control my music from the right-click context menu using play/pause, next, previous and stop... is this possible? I also wouldn't mind adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Double, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Double Win User

How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu?

I want to control my music from the right-click context menu using play/pause, next, previous and stop... is this possible? I also wouldn't mind adding some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+F, and Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

:)

Double, Jun 3, 2016
  2. JohnrC1 Win User

Shortcut Key for Items Pinned to Start?

Thanks Mohammed.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I know how to create shortcuts. But once a shortcut is added to Start as a 'tile', how does one add shortcut keystrokes?

To see what I mean, open Windows Explorer and right click on a shortcut. Select Properties. In "Shortcut Key" you can add hot keys to launch the shortcut.

How do you get to that same place with a tile shortcut in Start?

JohnrC1, Jun 3, 2016
  3. 1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

I couldn't find a way to do it.
    Keyboard Media Keys or customized mouse controls is my answer.

(I did fall for your clever, somewhat inconspicuous sig, I swatted at my screen!) *Wink

Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu? - Similar Threads - add media keys

2. How to add app to right-click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add app to right-click menu: I have Photoshop 2020 on my computer. But it does not appear in the Right Click Menu for any kind of app. I did the following: In RegEdit, I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell. I added a new entry for Shell: Photoshop. Created a new subfolder there called...
  3. How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?

How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?: Hi all, Is there a way to activate the Snipping tool in the right-click menu? I found it will be very convenient if can be done. Thanks....
  4. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  5. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  6. How can I add "Print" to my right click Context Menu

in Browsers and Email
    How can I add "Print" to my right click Context Menu: I moved from Chrome to Firefox. Once I did that I noticed I can no longer right click on a webpage and select Print. How can I add Print to the Context Menu? 155164
  7. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  8. Add feature to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feature to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  9. How to add remove right click menu in Win10

How to add remove right click menu in Win10: Hi When I right click a file I don't see run script, compile script and edit script options in window 10. I want to these in right click menu but not able to include them in right click menu. Someone please guide me how to customize right click menu for these items. Thanks....
  10. Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key: In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET....