Windows 10: How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file?

Discus and support How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I really screwed up my computer and I'm having to do a fresh install and I want to automate the process for potential future issues, so I'm writing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jackalope, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Jackalope Win User

How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file?

I really screwed up my computer and I'm having to do a fresh install and I want to automate the process for potential future issues, so I'm writing a bat file.

I can reinstall most of my programs using chocolately etc.

I know I can change a lot of the settings using the cmd etc too.

What I'd like some help knowing how to do is automate a couple of other things:

Is it possible to enable developer mode and install WSL (Windows Subsystem Layer for Linux).

Remove default Libraries (I do not use these. They don't make any sense with my workflow and they just clutter things up).

Install specific programs in which I can only access a downloadable non CMD exe for? (as in, most of the stuff I'm installing using chocolately have been optimized to install through the CLI to some degree)

After installing a program enter in my license key for it?

:)

Jackalope, Jul 2, 2018
  2. borgus Win User

Auto-kill a process

Appreciate the suggestion. I use a .bat file here to do essentially what you describe, but my aim is to automate the process - no user intervention. A specified process opens; it spots and kills it. Closest that I have seen is an app that claims to do this on a schedule.

borgus, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Lucasonas Win User

BAT file/Script to find and replace files

FordGT90Concept!!!

Your attachment is very close, it kept all the 5 numerals intact, but like you said: "it will rename them all from "#_Example_720p.zip" to "RAT_Example_#_24f_ONO.zip"...

Greetings, Streetfighter 2

I can't seem to get the BAT to work, but I'll still keep on trying.

Any other suggestions, or BAT scripts Streetfighter & FordGT90Concept?

Lucasonas, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I automate these reinstall processes with a bat file? - Similar Threads - automate reinstall processes

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. I have a bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bat file: I have a *.bat file with a list of commands to run like cleaning the Waste files and allbut when I run it , after all the commands are over , it closes itselfI want that to stay open till I say it to close or EXIT commmandhow to do that...
  5. I have a bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a bat file: I have a *.bat file with a list of commands to run like cleaning the Waste files and allbut when I run it , after all the commands are over , it closes itselfI want that to stay open till I say it to close or EXIT commmandhow to do that...
  6. Can I Undo A .Bat File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Undo A .Bat File: Hey everyone, so i decided to run a random bat file from the internet to lower my ping in games, BIG MISTAKE long story short, the ping in the games got ALOT worse. is there any way to undo the effects of the bat file?the bat file link :...
  7. Automated check on running process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automated check on running process: Hi all I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data dungeon" (it's dark and cold), which I use to run a Python script that scrapes information (publicly available, nothing dodgy -...
  8. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  9. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  10. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....