Windows 10: how can I backup Killer Instinct

Discus and support how can I backup Killer Instinct in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I want to make a backup of the game called killer instinct , the game is free on the windows store , its 23gb that i dont want to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MCardona81, Apr 4, 2016.

1. how can I backup Killer Instinct

Hello

I want to make a backup of the game called killer instinct , the game is free on the windows store , its 23gb that i dont want to download again , so i was wondering if there is a way to make a backup of the game and a way to restore it if i have to reinstall windows 10

Any help is appreciated

:)

MCardona81, Apr 4, 2016

2. How can i Register Killer instinct thru powershell?

i can't seem to download killer instinct thru the store, i Always get error 0x80073cf9 or sometimes 0x80073cft0 and ive tried everything and i allready donwloaded more then 150gb thru the store trying to download the game again and again so i downloaded
    the game on my NUC and copy the game to usb and then to my main pc and when i try to register the game in powershell ise with the command Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml i get the same error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, De installatie is mislukt. Neem contact op met de softwareleverancier.

Windows cannot install package Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_3.0.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the package is currently paused. The

package must be Staged in order to proceed.

or

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, De installatie is mislukt. Neem contact op met de softwareleverancier. (

Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)

Rejecting a request to register from AppxManifest.xml because the manifest is not in the package root.

while i did copy it to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_3.0.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

but if i add -disabledevelopmentmode like Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_3.0.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

then it would register but if i open the game it closes in a instant OR it ask to reinstall the game but actually it is trying to REDOWNLOAD the whole thing.

then i try again by removing it with remove-appxpackage and start all over

i have windows 10 pro 1511 and i don't want to format and reinstall windows just to get the store to download the game correctly OR buy the or upgrade to enterprice edition so i can disable the store to try to register the game and then activate it again.

i am not a coder but a huge KI fan so i really want this game to work.

I really starting to HATE the windows store and i mean, REALLY HATE IT.

Hein Van Hoof, Apr 4, 2016
  3. How can i Register Killer instinct thru powershell?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to post the query on TechNet for specialized assistance with this particular issue by following the below link:

Technet forums

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

how can I backup Killer Instinct

1. how can I backup Killer Instinct - Similar Threads - backup Killer Instinct

2. Killer Instinct Arcade Stick not installing on Windows 10 as a Xbox One controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Killer Instinct Arcade Stick not installing on Windows 10 as a Xbox One controller: Hi, when I connect my Killer Instinct Arcade Stick to my Windows 10 PC it's installing using the "Xbox Gaming Device" drivers. This is causing it to not be recognized as a controller. I've also tried the Xbox Accessories App and the peripheral isn't listed.I'd like to install...
  3. Killer Instinct Arcade Stick not installing on Windows 10 as a Xbox One controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Killer Instinct Arcade Stick not installing on Windows 10 as a Xbox One controller: Hi, when I connect my Killer Instinct Arcade Stick to my Windows 10 PC it's installing using the "Xbox Gaming Device" drivers. This is causing it to not be recognized as a controller. I've also tried the Xbox Accessories App and the peripheral isn't listed.I'd like to install...
  4. Killer Instinct Arcade Stick not installing on Windows 10 as a Xbox One controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Killer Instinct

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Killer Instinct: jus bought the game and installed it , no shortcut on desktop, went 2 play the game and it wont work , so unstalled game tryed to install again , now i cant install 2 the same drive and i cant delete 2 folders which the game was installed , which are program files and...
  6. Where to start the game in Killer Instinct definitive edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to start the game in Killer Instinct definitive edition?: Hello, I tried out the game pass yesterday for the first time on windows 10 and downloaded Killer Instinct definitive edition - but it just shows me a making of video and artworks and I'm not able to start the game. Just an option to close definitive edition and start Killer...
  7. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition: I paid for KI: Definitive Edition.....TWICE. (on Windows 10) I STILL don't have the "Definitive Edition". The Killer Instinct Classic games are not on here. I was supposed to get this with Xbox Game Pass. It only played the original KI so I purchased the Definitive Edition...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct: Today I signed up for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Upon installing the Xbox Game Pass for PC app on my system, I was pleased to discover that it automatically found 3 of the 4 Microsoft games that I purchased from the MS Store and currently have installed: ReCore, State...
  9. Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam): My Xbox 360 controller works in everything but Killer Instinct for PC (not steam). Is there a fix available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-works-in-everything-but-killer/f22b7d1e-023b-45c6-b0e8-1d551d3f5514
  10. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition launches on Windows 10 w/ Play Any

in Windows 10 News
    Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition launches on Windows 10 w/ Play Any: [img] That’s right, you read the headline correctly – Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition releases for Windows 10 today. Previously available only on Xbox One, the Definitive Edition packs up ALL the content we’ve ever released – every character (psst, there are 26),...