Windows 10: How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings?

Discus and support How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My screen has 3 options in the DPI settings, 100,125 and 150% and the recommended one is 125% but the taskbar is huge with huge icons too and i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kouzou, Sep 19, 2015.

1. kouzou Win User

How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings?

My screen has 3 options in the DPI settings, 100,125 and 150% and the recommended one is 125% but the taskbar is huge with huge icons too and i don't like that plus there is an issue with blurred text in some windows like Device manager etc.
    So i don't really know why 125% is recommended.

Anyway i want 100%, the size of taskbar and icons are perfect, now the only issue is the text there is TOO small, i need glasses to read. Then i go to ''Advanced sizing of texts and other..'' to adjust manualy the size of the text, but it's greyed out, i cannot!..

Any suggestions?

:)

kouzou, Sep 19, 2015
  2. SusanZy Win User

Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Ajalalex Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Hi,

The previous dpi scaling on the control panel, do not exist anymore. I can´t adjust nothing.

I´m with the win10 build 16176 and don´t appear same way. Microsoft discontinuous that option and keep just only for adjust in the Modern UI Settings, Why?

It´s do not help. Miss you windows 7 in this case was perfect7. How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings? :(

Ajalalex, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Select where it says custom scaling

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  6. kouzou Win User
    But this changes the whole DPI scaling, i messed a little with it in the past and i couldn't find a good number that would fit.
    It was even making icons look blurry sometimes.

kouzou, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Go to the settings app and make sure it looks like this.

How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings? [​IMG]

then try the text size.

also to cure text blurriness, use Adjust Clear Type Text

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  8. kouzou Win User

When i put my scaling to 100% imemdiately the text size options are greyed out for some reason as i mentioned in the post.
    And yes i have it checked the 'Clear Type Text'.

Something out of topic though, how did you put colour on the title bars? I had searched that before but there isn't any option.

kouzou, Sep 19, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Check out here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Try this:

Click “set a custom scaling level” . Set custom level to 100%, then apply.
    Log out of Windows, then back in, and the grayed out area “change only the text size” should be available.

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  11. kouzou Win User
    Damn it worked.
    What a smart way to adjust the font size and i feel stupid that i didn't think of that way, lol.
    Nicely done, thanks a lot.

kouzou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i change Font Size without changing DPI Scaling Settings? - Similar Threads - change Font Size

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%: 100% is to big on my laptop I'd love to get everything smaller but i have no idea how to do it :/ thanks for any help. submitted by /u/OuterGalaxyS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbuo4j/how_can_i_change_the_dpi_scaling_to_lower_than_100/
  4. Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?: So my issue is that some of my apps (e.g. Audacity) looks blurry on my 14-inch laptop. I tried a few tutorials of changing the DPI but that just makes everything look smaller. Does anyone have the solution to fix this blurry issue without making everything look small?...
  5. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  6. How can I change the font size in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the font size in file explorer: When I open files in the file explorer, the print is too small. How can I increase the font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-font-size-in-file-explorer/44d8f806-ba66-469d-aaac-f08915cc15e3"
  7. Change some font sizes without changing others.

Change some font sizes without changing others.: I've been trying to make Windows 10 readable. I've managed to change all except the ribbon and status bar. These seem to be at about 6, but I can't really tell without the setting box. I'm trying to include an example screen clip. I want to match all the font sizes to the...
  8. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  9. How To Change Font Size?

How To Change Font Size?: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10 and I've noticed that my fonts in Windows 10 and my apps are smaller. Even in apps like Chrome and Firefox my fonts are smaller. How can I increase the size of my fonts? Thank you. 81749
  10. Can clock font size be changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can clock font size be changed?: My Windows 10 taskbar clock font is too small. I recently switched to a 4K monitor. Everything else responded to a 175% scale setting, but not the clock. If no readily available setting, can it be done in the Registry? 73654