Windows 10: How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?

Discus and support How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello everyone , i don't know i'm asking on the right place or not but anyway hope u guys can help me with this . because of some reason i wanna to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mina, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Mina Win User

How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?

hello everyone ,
    i don't know i'm asking on the right place or not but anyway hope u guys can help me with this .
    because of some reason i wanna to change my hard serial number (HWid) ,
    we have several Hwid changers that they didn't work on my pc!
    pbdownforce is a good hard serial changer but it's only work on 32 bit windows and mine is x64 ,
    somewhere i heard that we can change our Hwid ( Hardware id Or Valume ID ) from registry setting ( regedit ) , but i don't know how ?
    thanks for helping me *Wink

:)

Mina, Feb 9, 2018

2. HWID changed after Win10 reset

Hi,

Yes, the HWID shouldn't change after reset and that's what I expected but it changed.

I used a programme called 'gethwid' to get HWID. And the second, third, fourth, fifth and eighth set among eight sets are changed.

Thank you for your advice and I shall use Feedback Hub to raise my issue.

Cohiba12345, Feb 9, 2018
  3. HWID changed after Win10 reset

I recently reset my Win10 whilst retained the personal folders and files.

Subsequently I found one programme cannot function quoting HWID difference.

I used 'gethwid' to check then found that HWID indeed changed.

However I didn't change any hardwares and merely reset Win10 itself. Is it normal that HWID got changed under this circumstance?

Am I able to restore my previous HWID?

Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Cohiba12345, Feb 9, 2018
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and welcome.

Have you tried VolumeID from Microsoft SysInternals?

VolumeID

pbcopter, Feb 9, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    If that doesn't work you can also use Minitool Partition Wizard. Select the drive and choose Change Serial Number on the left panel.

spunk, Feb 10, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't think the OP wants to change only the serial number of the partition on the HDD. I think the OP wants to change the actual hardware ID of the computer itself which is calculated mostly from the motherboard serial number. It is the HWID that establishes the unique identity of the computer used to store and retrieve digital licenses of Windows 10 on Microsoft Activation Servers.

NavyLCDR, Feb 11, 2018
  7. stormy13 Win User
    It is also used by some anti-cheat software to issue hardware bans. I'm guessing that by mentioning this,

the OP is looking for help to get around just that. If so then the OP is asking in the wrong place, and needs to go elsewhere.

stormy13, Feb 11, 2018
  8. Mina Win User

exactly true!
    i'm wanna to change the thing that you said
    does anyone know how to change this ?

9. Mina Win User
    yes i got hardware banned from somewhere and i wanna to change the hwid to run from it!
    if here is wrong place to ask so where should i go ?

10. essenbe Win User
    @Mina Please re read post # 4 and Post #5. In the event you don't understand, we are not going to help you with Pirated software or evading any bans.

essenbe, Feb 13, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    In any case, HWid is not serial number but a description of that piece of HW, that HWid will be same for all drives from same series, probably in many thousands. It's defining factor for drivers.
    There's also serial number of disk written in it's BIOS and is not changeable. Than there is a serial number that windows assigns when formatting disk.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ? - Similar Threads - change HWID regedit

2. How to revert HWID change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert HWID change: Hi, sometime ago I used a software to spoof my HWID and now I can't revert it and update windows anymore, My baseboard values are incorrect and display as just numbers and so is my system valuesMotherboard: ASRock B660M-CCPU- Intel core i7 12700FGPU- RTX 3060RAM- Tforce 16GB...
  3. How to revert HWID change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert HWID change: Hi, sometime ago I used a software to spoof my HWID and now I can't revert it and update windows anymore, My baseboard values are incorrect and display as just numbers and so is my system valuesMotherboard: ASRock B660M-CCPU- Intel core i7 12700FGPU- RTX 3060RAM- Tforce 16GB...
  4. HWID change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HWID change: How can I reset my HWID? Some games I play are detecting that I'm spoofing my HWID to evade a ban, which I'm not. Is there a way I can revert to my original HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/df533871-0d16-4178-a0b2-503552c1dca5
  5. HWID change

HWID change: How can I reset my HWID? Some games I play are detecting that I'm spoofing my HWID to evade a ban, which I'm not. Is there a way I can revert to my original HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/df533871-0d16-4178-a0b2-503552c1dca5
  6. how to change hwid of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change hwid of mouse: recently i bought Ant Esports GM320 RGB mouse , but i didnt get invoice since my city is very underdevelopedi tried using it and it worked perfectly but i could re modify it with GM320's own software displaying message "Please Plug in Mouse". I also tried contacting customer...
  7. how to change hwid of mouse

how to change hwid of mouse: recently i bought Ant Esports GM320 RGB mouse , but i didnt get invoice since my city is very underdevelopedi tried using it and it worked perfectly but i could re modify it with GM320's own software displaying message "Please Plug in Mouse". I also tried contacting customer...
  8. HWID Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HWID Change: If I change my Motherboard and hard drive will it change my HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/92dd8ce0-6d5f-450d-8e14-ce24d95a4de4
  9. How can i change my HWID?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i change my HWID?: Is there a way to change my HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-hwid/462833c8-34a4-4d65-b23a-53ba7a9a777f
  10. Changing HWID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing HWID: Just had a quick question, while reseting my Windows fully, would pressing ,,Remove files and clean the drive'' change my HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/changing-hwid/cf21898a-1893-4f55-a241-34b969ddc1b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change hwid in regedit

2. change hwid regedit

3. regedit hwid

4. how to check hwid regedit,
  5. hwid change regedit,
  6. hwid in regedit,
  7. how to change hwid 2018,
  8. regedit hw description,
  9. reset hwid reg,
  10. how to change hwid reg edistry,
  11. how tochange hwid in regidit,