Windows 10: How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?

Discus and support How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't like using Bing and I have Norton Security on my computer, so I would like to use the Norton Safe Search instead of Bing on the Windows 10 Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bigfoot, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Bigfoot Win User

How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?

I don't like using Bing and I have Norton Security on my computer, so I would like to use the Norton Safe Search instead of Bing on the Windows 10 Edge Browser.

Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks.

:)

Bigfoot, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Bigfoot Win User
    Thanks Brink! It seems I can't do that with the Norton Safe Search, Edge is one of the few browsers that don't allow it, will just download Firefox now. Edge just rubs me the wrong way.

Bigfoot, Feb 6, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Sorry, Edge doesn't support your search engine yet.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser? - Similar Threads - Change Default Search

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-browsersearch-engine-assigned-to/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  6. How to change default search engines?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default search engines?: Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I use google chrome as my search engine but for some reason yesterday when I opened a new tab, Yahoo was the browser. I went to my settings to change chrome back to being the default browser, but it said chrome is...
  7. Default OS Search Engine (not browser)

in Windows 10 Support
    Default OS Search Engine (not browser): Hi all, I've done a fair bit of searching on this site and others and cannot find any mention of how to change the search engine used by the OS from Bing to anything else. This is the search engine used when you, for example, right click on a process name in task manager and...
  8. How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is not just the best version of Edge we have till date, but it also offers turn of customization. You can install Chrome themes, install Chrome extensions on Edge from Chrome Web Store, offers Dark [...] This post How to...
  9. How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry): How do I change default search engine in Edge (via registry) 15167
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...