Windows 10: how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

Discus and support how can i change the default username on my new desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Renjun Bao, Apr 21, 2024.

1. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My Info" from my account, everything looks fine.I tried twice and it happened twice. How can I fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Renjun Bao, Apr 21, 2024

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Apr 21, 2024
  3. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 21, 2024
  4. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

1. how can i change the default username on my new desktop? - Similar Threads - change default username

2. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  3. My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there?: My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-not-starting-at/d2cc688f-20f2-485c-bb8c-58b71daced23
  4. My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there?

My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there?: My desktop is not starting at C:\Users\USERNAME\desktop. How can I change it to start there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-not-starting-at/d2cc688f-20f2-485c-bb8c-58b71daced23
  5. The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?: Hi, this is an issue related to installing Windows 11 Pro in a PC I purchased. My friend gave me a Windows 11 Pro USB boot drive that he made, so that I could install it. The SSD in this PC is entirely new. For some reason, on installation it gives his first name as the main...
  6. Remote Desktop - Can I set a default username on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Can I set a default username on my PC?: ... I have a long and not super-memorable user name which I'm currently having to enter every day when I start up my Remote Desktop session. To avoid mistakes I've got a notepad entry on my desktop which I'm cutting-and-pasting from, but I'm sure there'll be a registry entry...
  7. Remote Desktop - Can I set a default username on my PC?

Remote Desktop - Can I set a default username on my PC?: ... I have a long and not super-memorable user name which I'm currently having to enter every day when I start up my Remote Desktop session. To avoid mistakes I've got a notepad entry on my desktop which I'm cutting-and-pasting from, but I'm sure there'll be a registry entry...
  8. Remote Desktop - Can I set a default username on my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How can I change my login username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my login username?: I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-login-username/51fd604d-27ff-4037-9973-684216d79323
  10. How can I change my login username?

How can I change my login username?: I want to change my username for msn.com email addies. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-login-username/51fd604d-27ff-4037-9973-684216d79323