Windows 10: How can I change the folder background in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I change the folder background in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been doing some research and can not find the answer anywhere. I have found ways for windows 7 and 8.1 but they are not supported on windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeplonski, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jeplonski Win User

How can I change the folder background in Windows 10?

I have been doing some research and can not find the answer anywhere. I have found ways for windows 7 and 8.1 but they are not supported on windows 10, nor do they work. If anyone out there knows how I can do this, please do speak up. I am Kind of a neat freak on my computer and am planning on using this to organize. Thanks in advance

:)

jeplonski, Jan 26, 2016

2. How can I change the name of the user folder in Windows 10

Creating a new account has exactly the same effect as re-installing Windows but is perhaps 100 times faster. Since you will first delete the unwanted account, and later on delete the misnamed profile folder, there will be no duplication of anything.

Frederik Long, Jan 26, 2016
  3. HOW CAN I CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR IN NOTEPAD?

Hi Debra,

It's likely that you have selected a high contrast theme for your desktop which will make your desktop and almost all your applications' background black. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Are you pertaining to the built-in Notepad app in Windows?
    • Are all your windows background black in color?
    • Did you recently change a theme for your desktop background?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if you've set a high contract theme. To do so, right-click on the
    Start menu, then go to Control Panel >
    Appearance and Personalization
    > Personalization.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You should be able to right click on the desktop and select properties and you'll see this:

How can I change the folder background in Windows 10? [​IMG]

You can select browse and choose the folder you want to use that has the desired images.

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  5. jeplonski Win User
    I don't think you understand. I don't want to change the desktop, I want to change the folder background. What is white, I want to make a picture. This was possible in older os versions but I can not find it anymore

jeplonski, Jan 26, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Sorry.. misread. *Redface

BunnyJ, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    @ jeplonski:
    I don't think you'll be able to pull it off without doing a lot of patching to the system;
    and that is getting harder and harder to do in Windows 10, and not really advisable either!

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I change the folder background in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change folder background

2. How i can change the boot background color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  3. How i can change the boot background color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  4. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  5. How can I change my wallpaper background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my wallpaper background?: How can I change my wallpaper background? My laptop is currently member of a domain and we have a wallpaper policy implemented. When I used my laptop outside of our network, the wallpaper turned black....
  6. How can I add custom background images to folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I add custom background images to folders in Windows 10?: I want to customize the background of some of my folders (not the thumbnail!) to give them some individual flair and I remember this being a thing back in Windows XP and also possible in Windows 7, but no such option exists on Windows 10 it seems. I did some googling on the...
  7. how can i change background of folders in darkmode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i change background of folders in darkmode: can i change the background from black to blue or any other colors than black black is so sick and hurts my eye [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-background-of-folders-in-darkmode/513208f9-6244-4843-98dc-08178d31405f
  8. Windows 10 - how can I reset folder background and icon selection?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - how can I reset folder background and icon selection?: Hi, I'm trying to resolve this strange problem. I've this background on all folder, only on dark-mode, and the other problem is that when I've a lot of file inside the folder and I open it, like the attached image, when I use the arrow to move the selection across the files,...
  9. How to change folder background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change folder background in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are looking for a way to change the folder background in File Explorer of Windows 10, then this shows you the easy way to do it. While Windows 10 allows you to choose the dark theme to add [...] This post How to change folder background in Windows 10...
  10. Change background folder ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change background folder ?: Hello I would like to change my background folder On W7 it was possible with W7FBC On W8 with start 8 On W10 i found start 10 but we can't change that I want this :...