Windows 10: How can I change Windows 10 taskbar icons for Windows Store apps

Discus and support How can I change Windows 10 taskbar icons for Windows Store apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to customize the icons of my most used programs. I've been able to do this for all of them, including file explorer, except for Drawboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by byotti, Feb 17, 2017.

1. byotti Win User

How can I change Windows 10 taskbar icons for Windows Store apps

I'm trying to customize the icons of my most used programs. I've been able to do this for all of them, including file explorer, except for Drawboard PDF. I've read on some forums that apps from the windows store are different, and don't have executables. Any help would be great. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me.

:)

byotti, Feb 17, 2017
  2. #MikeF Win User

How to launch an installed app outside of Store

Until today I've been able to pin the Windows Scan app to my taskbar (this is Windows 10). Today I find the icon is not on the task bar and I can't find the app on my system. When I search Cortana it directs me to the Windows Store where the app appears,
    but it says the app is already installed on my PC. I can launch the app from the Store and it works OK, but I'd like to be able to run it outside of Store; in particular, I want to pin the app icon to my taskbar for ease of use.

How can I do this? Specifically, how can I find where the Scan app is installed on my system, so I can pin it to my taskbar? The app doesn't appear in the list of apps which I display using the Windows Logo key.

#MikeF, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Feb 17, 2017
  4. stevie Win User

I found this way
    Create a folder name it whatever u want
    Drag the Microsoft store to the desktop so it makes a shortcut
    Put it In the folder
    Right click and change the icon
    Next
    Right click taskbar
    Create a new toolbar and select the folder
    Put large icons and their ya go

stevie, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I change Windows 10 taskbar icons for Windows Store apps - Similar Threads - change taskbar icons

2. How to change windows 10 icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change windows 10 icon on taskbar: i want to know how can i change the icon of windows 10 on the taskbar as the custom themes do but i dont know how to do it any sugestions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-icon-on-taskbar/cc68e256-7115-4d2b-81f5-b301d5693788
  3. Windows 10 Store App Icons changing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store App Icons changing: I tried all the methods, and even I deleted my Windows profile and created a new one. With the new account profile the icons were right again, but only last one week. Then the icons started changing again. This is a bug. Please Microsoft, fix this annoying bug. I'm aware that...
  4. how to change app icons on taskbar

how to change app icons on taskbar: So i have changed my application icons on my desktop, how can i apply those to my icons on my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-icons-on-taskbar/b04d5cfc-7080-4a2f-8e0b-d18c6ba6bf77
  5. How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?: I've tried everything I could think of, I made shortcuts for the steam client and changed the icon but every time I open steam it shows as the default icon in the taskbar. This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/7WuU5Go submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz [link]...
  6. No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps

No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps: Hi, Recently and suddenly my icons in the taskbar for my store apps disappear , so any idea ho to get them back. Everything was fine 1,2 days ago. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

How can I change labels on taskbar icons?: I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is associated with which version....
  8. Changing Windows Store Apps icons

Changing Windows Store Apps icons: Hey folks, anybody knows, if it is currently possible to change the icons of the Apps from the Windows Store in the Windows Start Menu? Not talking about the ordinary shortcuts in the Start menu folders.. Maybe some tool like ResHacker exists? Thanks in advance....
  9. How to change Windows 10 taskbar icons?

How to change Windows 10 taskbar icons?: The apps that are pinned on the taskbar those ones any way to do that? please link me. thanks a lot. 27489
  10. Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar: I've got a clean install version of Windows 10 10240 on my machine. The store Icon recently changed from the all white minimal version to the one shown in the image attached. The background color changes with the theme. Any idea why this has happened? I've run the SFC...