Windows 10: how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

Discus and support how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cfourkays, Mar 7, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted.
    In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's no handy access to the pictures in the selected screen.
    The "Chose albums.....", DesktopBackground", Browse would probably get me to where the actual pictures are if I knew where they are.
    It use to be very simple.
    There are some pretty awesome themes but I don't like all the pictures in some of them.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Mar 7, 2016

2. Limited background pictures

After downloading and installing Windows 10 when it first came out I was using a particular screen saver picture that came from Windows. I'm still using that picture now. But whe I went to Personalization and Themes option I noticed now that after downlaoding
    and installing Windows 10 there are not alot of new or old pictures there I can change to, what's the deal? I was using Window 7 before the upgrade and it had alot of nice pictures I can choose and change for my desktop background. But, now there is very few
    and all those pictures are not pretty pictures. I dont want to use any of my pictures for teh desktop background. Why is there now only a limited number of desktop background screensavers to choose from now? or maybe I'm not clicking on somethnig right on
    the Personalization and Theme page? I would like to change my current desktop background page now to a newer picture. Pleasse help!

Personalization and Themes- Original Title

SAMSON JOE, Mar 7, 2016
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    How can I put the XP Azul desktop on my new Windows 10 desktop?

You can just copy it from my post - it will be the same resolution... right-click the picture - select 'save picture as' and choose a save location. Then you can just right - click the saved image and choose 'Set as Desktop Background' (Once it is set
    as a background you can save it as a theme if so desired)

RicW-nw, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 7, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Ok, Shawn, you did it again.
    Either one of those "Run" commands:

*Arrow rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,@desktop
    *Arrow control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

get you to exactly what I am looking for.
    Yet using the Control Panel or the Settings Personalization doesn't.

I don't know how you find this stuff. I've been an Insider since the first release and never saw anything like this.
    Anyway, as usual, many thanks.
    Pete

cfourkays, Mar 7, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Pete. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background - Similar Threads - choose Theme pictures

2. Background theme pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  3. Desktop background theme again :-)

Desktop background theme again :-): Thanks to Ruth Buruga for telling me how to change the time a desk theme image is displayed using the registry editor. Can you tell me where the image is stored that displays after the system is started and just shows user names? Thank You....
  4. how can I delete a background picture?

how can I delete a background picture?: Need to delete a background picture. how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-a-background-picture/4b38c5bb-5689-44e0-9bd8-954c63a846f4
  5. themes background pictures stored where?

themes background pictures stored where?: where are the themes pictures stored in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-background-pictures-stored-where/cd85408e-f9cb-4c36-86f6-17832fae3ab3
  6. how do i change the theme picture on desktop

how do i change the theme picture on desktop: how do i change the theme picture on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-theme-picture-on-desktop/4569ee04-f30a-4221-967f-c98ce49da6af
  7. How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background: I have a picture I want to see on my desktop. I can only get it on the desktop as a shortcut to the file (jpg) containing the picture (and tiny icon) or as an ico file being a tiny icon too small to see properly. Note - I use small icons as I have a huge number on the...
  8. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes: I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those...
  9. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  10. How do I choose a single picture from a theme?

How do I choose a single picture from a theme?: On Windows 7, you could download a theme then when you click on desktop background it would show all the pictures in the theme with check marks. Instead, on Windows 10, I click on desktop background and it just goes back to slideshow and gives me no option of choosing what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How much pictures can I choose to be in the background