Windows 10: How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's.

Discus and support How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, First, I have 20 laptops with Windows 8.1, i upgrade all to Windows 10. I add to one PC all softwares, tweaks and config Userprofile. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Kruspe Win User

How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's.

Hi,

First, I have 20 laptops with Windows 8.1, i upgrade all to Windows 10.

I add to one PC all softwares, tweaks and config Userprofile.

My question is :

Can i clone (with Acronis True Image 2016) ; this one PC to 19 others, and have a valid activation ?

:)

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015

2. Can I clone my Windows 7 Professional to another storage device and upgrade to Windows 10? Or will that end my license for Windows 7 on the old storage device?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer Andre Da Costa post from the below link:

Installing Windows 10 FREE on a blank or formatted drive

I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Mike Sew Win User
    Can I clone my Windows 7 Professional to another storage device and upgrade to Windows 10? Or will that end my license for Windows 7 on the old storage device?

I have Windows 7 Professional on my current HDD and I bought a SSD that matches the capacity of the HDD. Since I can no longer use my Windows Installation Disc, I was thinking about cloning my HDD to the new SSD and upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD only.
    But will this work? Or would it discontinue my license of Windows 7 on the HDD? I don't if what I'm trying to do here is illegal. If this doesn't work I'll just end up buying another copy of Windows 7.

Last Question: If I upgrade to Windows 10, does the license last forever? I'm confused if it's really free or just a 12 month license.

Mike Sew, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Porthos Win User

Did you run the upgrade process on EACH one? Then yes it will work.

If not NO.

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Kruspe Win User
    Hm,

All my 19 others PC have a Windows 10 " Free Upgrade " installed and activated. I cannot clone my "prepared" PC to this 19 others ?! There are same Models and hardware...

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Porthos Win User
    I edited my reply. you posted too fast

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Kruspe Win User
    I upgrade all my 20 computers to Windows 10 " Free upgrade "
    I take 1 computer and configure him
    I do a Image of him with Acronis and put on a other PC and activation false...

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Porthos Win User

So are you saying you tested this and it did not work? If yes, Did you connect to the internet for auto activation.?

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    I guess that answers your question.

AddRAM, Aug 27, 2015
  10. Kruspe Win User
    Internet is online in the original Acronis Image...

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015
  11. Porthos Win User
    Lets try to get past the language barrier.

Did you actually run the upgrade on EACH of the computers BEFORE you restored the clone to the next one? YES/NO

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Kruspe Win User
    No solution ? If i have 50 computers ; i have to remake all configuration on each computer ?!

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015
  13. Porthos Win User

Answer my previous post please.

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
  14. Kruspe Win User
    1. Upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Free Upgrade and activation OK
    2. Clone one PC with all configurations
    3. Restore clone to another PC > Activation error

Kruspe, Aug 27, 2015
  15. Porthos Win User
    Did you do this to each of the 19 computers FIRST...... YES/NO

Porthos, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's. - Similar Threads - clone another PC's

2. How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc?: How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc? Onedrive didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-a-windows-10-pc-to-our-new-windows/2ba35474-5e7b-405b-bf74-17f9b82af4fa
  3. How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc?: How can I clone a windows 10 pc to our new windows 11 pc? Onedrive didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-a-windows-10-pc-to-our-new-windows/2ba35474-5e7b-405b-bf74-17f9b82af4fa
  4. how do I clone from another computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I clone from another computer?: how do I clone apps from another PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clone-from-another-computer/44dceb90-3628-42bc-8afb-7e2ebece6e62
  5. how do I clone from another computer?

how do I clone from another computer?: how do I clone apps from another PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clone-from-another-computer/44dceb90-3628-42bc-8afb-7e2ebece6e62
  6. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?: Hi,On my computer, I have my system partition A:, and another partition B: that contains all my data. Both partitions are on separate HDD.I just want to backup B: partition without the system partition.Is it possible to do this on windows 10 without using a middleware?I used...
  7. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?: Hi,On my computer, I have my system partition A:, and another partition B: that contains all my data. Both partitions are on separate HDD.I just want to backup B: partition without the system partition.Is it possible to do this on windows 10 without using a middleware?I used...
  8. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I transfer license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer license to another PC?: I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?...
  10. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?: When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to...