Windows 10: HOW can I control windows update process.

Discus and support HOW can I control windows update process. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows sometimes update at unopportune or bad times.. Example: Today I was backing up files and the processed stopped for a noticible time. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jim77, Oct 16, 2015.

1. jim77 Win User

HOW can I control windows update process.

Windows sometimes update at unopportune or bad times.. Example: Today I was backing up files and the processed stopped for a noticible time. I could not restart the process or shut the process down so I tried to restart the computer and that would not work so I had to turn off the computer to restart it. Problem was that the computer was in the middle of downloading and installing updates without my knowledge. It took awhile for the installing to complete.
    Is there a way to control this process.
    Jim

:)

jim77, Oct 16, 2015

2. HOW can I control windows update process.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue you are facing. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Refer the link provided below on how to hide updates from downloading and installing.

How to Hide Updates in Windows 10 (Basic Method)

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2015
  3. HOW can I control windows update process.

I am not understanding hiding. Why do I need to hide.

I used
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10
    web site for build 10240 several months ago. Has it changed to reflect the new November build?

This reminds me of win 7 sp1. I only had the original Win 7 without sp1 install disk. I could delete sp1 and then use the install disk I had bought.

But this is not the same idea. I can't delete the new build because it is not like sp1 in Windows 7. Do you understand?

Does this mean that every time window 10 has an upgrade(or update?) I have to make a new install disk using that web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10
    ?

And what if I have already upgraded to the new Nov. win 10. What do I do now to go back to 10240 ?

What I am trying to say is I need these install disks as a way to correct a problem by reinstalling win 10 instead of backing up everything and then reimaging or cloning on the same or different hard drive.

Confused Jim

HerbertMcDonald, Oct 16, 2015
  4. undine Win User

If you are using wifi you can switch to "metered connection" and have more control. I don't know of anything if you are on a wired network.

undine, Oct 21, 2015
  5. You use the Group Policy Editor to disable automatic updates. You'll see a popup when updates are available. You'll have to click ok and it will take you to the tool, but it's up to you if you want to begin the process

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

firebasejay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HOW can I control windows update process. - Similar Threads - control update process

2. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  3. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  4. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows process that controls memory: Hello! I am using many processes that consume CPU and ram, their use is quite large, but they do not need it, what I do to make them consume as little as possible I use the lowest priority of Windows and the "Mem Reduct" program, where their function is to pass part of the...
  6. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows process that controls memory: Hello! I am using many processes that consume CPU and ram, their use is quite large, but they do not need it, what I do to make them consume as little as possible I use the lowest priority of Windows and the "Mem Reduct" program, where their function is to pass part of the...
  7. Windows process that controls memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I open the control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I open the control panel?: I'm unable to find the control panel in the list of programs when I search for it in the search bar of the start menu. I only see the intel HD graphics control panel and it's really annoying....
  9. How can I control when Windows Updates downloads occur?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I control when Windows Updates downloads occur?: I know this question has been asked several times before, but as far as I have read it has never been never answered definitively, so because all the threads seem to be locked I'm going to ask it again. My PC slows down considerably for HOURS when a Windows download is...
  10. I can not control

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not control: I can not control the size of the desktop, and I can not control the brightness I have been writing to you about a year ago and have not dealt with this problem I want a quick fix for it....