Windows 10: How can I correct windows boot menu

Discus and support How can I correct windows boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently installed a copy of RemixOS with my windows 10 OS The installation seemed to go well The boot menu was altered as I expected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ellysium, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ellysium Win User

How can I correct windows boot menu

I have recently installed a copy of RemixOS with my windows 10 OS
    The installation seemed to go well
    The boot menu was altered as I expected including the two OSs so that I could choose which to boot to.
    Unfortunately after a couple of days the RemixOS became corrupted and I could not boot to it even when
    I chose the appropriate menu item.

What I would like to do is to trash the remnants of the Android OS and correct the boot menu to not show
    the menu items of RemixOS and Windows 10 and once again boot directly into windows 10

I hope this explanation was not too confusing and I thank you for any help that can be given

:)

ellysium, Jan 24, 2017

2. how to configure boot menu so I can dual boot windows 10 and windows 7 and linux

Hi Julian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to boot Windows 10, Windows 7 and Linux on your system. We will certainly help you with this.

Refer the following threads created by one of our Community Moderator, Andre De Costa.

Dual booting with windows 10 and 7

How to: Upgrade a dual boot installation of Windows and Linux to Windows 10 -
    Part 1

I would suggest that you install Windows 7 first, then Windows 10 and Linux.

Hope this will help you. Post back if you need further assistance with Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 24, 2017
  3. how to configure boot menu so I can dual boot windows 10 and windows 7 and linux

Installing is not the issue. It is getting stable duel booting, windows 10 always corrupts the windows 7 reboot.

JulianVisch, Jan 24, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Press Windows key + R to bring up run dialog box. run msconfig

Select the boot tab. Everything you need to do should be there.

NavyLCDR, Jan 24, 2017
Thema:

1. How can I correct windows boot menu - Similar Threads - correct boot menu

2. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  4. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I get Windows to boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get Windows to boot?: I upgraded my PC motherboard, processor and RAM yesterday. That all went smoothly. In this process, i got an m2 slot on my new motherboard, meaning i could put Windows on my SSD instead of my HDD and boot from it. I cloned Windows with Macrium Reflect onto the SSD, set the...
  6. explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct: when my windows 10 starting from sleep, it can not display correct menu. [ATTACH] I must restart explorer.exe [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-error-desktop-menu-can-not-show/0d0bf507-d12f-496f-ac40-f86808a76c4f
  7. how can i correct the name of my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i correct the name of my computer?: long ago I tried to name my computer it appears correct on some things but not all. I want the name of my computer the same everywhere! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-correct-the-name-of-my-computer/5128a4cf-ff33-4ecd-9224-3e022346af95"
  8. Windows Failing to Boot Correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Failing to Boot Correctly: Hello. I'm having an issue when booting into windows it looks all fine but task manager is showing 100% CPU usage (on a 7700k@5ghz) 0% ram etc. None of the programs work correctly. Ie: Spotify is just a big blank window. Something is failing to load in correctly, whacking...
  9. Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where can I get the advanced boot options menu?: When I boot up I get a message that says, system configuration did not initialize, another instance is running. When I tried to back up my computer everything backed up except system configuration files and folders....
  10. Windows 10 Not Booting Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Booting Correctly: I have a Dell 3252 Desktop. Pentium N3700 1.6 GHz, 8 GHz RAM. I am currently dual-booting Windows 10/Ubuntu 17.04. I had booted into Ubuntu and was doing an update. The update hung, so after about an hour I shut down and rebooted into Ubuntu. The update finished...