Windows 10: How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

Discus and support How can I create an unchangeable local user profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro X64. This is a stand alone computer i.e. it is not in a Domain. I'd like to create an unchangeable local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by filograndipad2, Mar 29, 2017.

1. How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

Hi, I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro X64. This is a stand alone computer i.e. it is not in a Domain. I'd like to create an unchangeable local user profile for guest users so that every kind of changes they make will be lost at logoff included created folders and files inside the profile. I'd like to know if it is possible to create this kind of profile without using third-party software but just o.s. characteristics. Usually this kind of profile is called mandatory. All the infos I found on the Net refer to a Domain environment (e.g. all the stuff regarding renaiming ntuser.dat in ntuser.man...) but I'm looking for infos about how to create a local unchangeble user profile. This must be a real unchangeable profile not just avoiding changing of bars position, wallpaper and simple stuff like these. Thanks for the attention.

:)

filograndipad2, Mar 29, 2017

2. White Borders on right click menus

It seems you are true. I created a local user and I don't have the problem with this account.

How can I "clean" my corrupted user profile ?

Or how can I transfer my parameters to a new cleaned profile ?

Sébastien Wehrlé, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    "Restore Plan Defaults" for Win10 Power settings is greyed out

Let's try to reproduce the issue by creating a new user profile. You can check this article on
    how to create a local user account
    on Windows 10.

If the issue does not happen on the new profile, there could be some broken system components on your old profile.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 29, 2017
  4. How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

TairikuOkami, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Mar 30, 2017
  6. Hi guys and thank for your suggestions. The ideas could be good but too complicated for the goal I wish to accomplish: I don't need to restore an entire system but just discard changes made in the user profile used by my guests. I found that forcing a profile as a temporar profile works good for my needs and if I could eliminate the warning message it would be perfect! Here the warning I would to turn off

How can I create an unchangeable local user profile [​IMG]

Thanks for helping!

filograndipad2, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    The deep freeze ones you dont have to restore its just does it all for you

Samuria, Mar 31, 2017
  8. pjhutch Win User

How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

pjhutch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

1. How can I create an unchangeable local user profile - Similar Threads - create unchangeable local

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  4. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  5. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  6. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to prevent creating local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent creating local users: I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even...
  8. how to I restrict permissions to create local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to I restrict permissions to create local users: I am trying to make it so I can no longer make new user profiles while retaining the rest of my admin privileges can anyone help me? submitted by /u/GZero006 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k04c9z/how_to_i_restrict_permissions_to_create_local/
  9. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  10. how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles): Hello I have a problem creating the mandatory profile with windows 10 version creators update, with past versions i was taking the hidden file (ntuser.dat) by putting it in regedit and editing it (change user name with% username%) just by doing this Procedure once i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a lockscreen unchangeable windows 10