Windows 10: How can I debug the Windows 10 Logon sequence?

Discus and support How can I debug the Windows 10 Logon sequence? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A few seconds after I enter my login PIN on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit an error occurs, notified by the 'critical stop' sound. This occurs while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SamRick, Jun 2, 2016.

1. SamRick Win User

How can I debug the Windows 10 Logon sequence?

A few seconds after I enter my login PIN on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit an error occurs, notified by the 'critical stop' sound.

This occurs while the screen is still showing the Windows logon page, and there is no text displayed, to indicate what the error is about. I cannot find anything relevant for the time of login in any of the event logs visible through Event Viewer.

I would like to find a way of debugging the login sequence, either with simultaneous display on the screen, or preferably by going through a saved debug log file, if there is a way of setting this up.

Another thought: is there a way of getting login output written to one of the event logs?

Any advice for doing this would be very welcome.

Sam

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 10.0.10586 on Dell Inc. Inspiron 530, x64-based PC
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
    Installed Physical Memory: 4.00 GB
    Page File Space: 3.18 GB

:)

SamRick, Jun 2, 2016

2. Recent Windows 10 update Nov 2016

The recent Windows 10 update has caused my PC to crash and I cannot even boot up in safe mode or even debug mode It takes to logon screen and when you input password the PC is continuously trying to authenticate me credentials?

can someone help ?

Jai_Mahabali_Hanuman, Jun 2, 2016
  3. how can i debug my windows phone

Hi Aurelia,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is some of my phone's details as told by you

Firmware Version: 3055.40000.1347.1001

Hardware revision number:1.4.0.0

I have been using strontium 16 GB UHS 1 SD card,

Photos are saved on SD card.

I have tried the soft reset but it did not work.

I would be much greatfull if you perovide me more about this information.

Thanks for your kind concern,

leishemba9, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello SamRick and welcome to TenForums *Smile,

Does this also happen if you revert to a password login?

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. SamRick Win User
    I don't know, Phil. I will give it a try.

SamRick, Jun 3, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    Assuming you haven't disabled it (by reducing the size of your page file to zero for some reason) you will find a memory dump in C:\Windows directory. This will tell you (almost certainly unless your computer is broken) that one of your drivers is not up to date.

If you like you can follow the instructions here and upload the relevant information and someone will have a look into it.

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

I'll try to do it myself but there are better BSOD analysts than me so they might take over *Smile

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I debug the Windows 10 Logon sequence? - Similar Threads - debug Logon sequence

2. New laptop crashing frequently - how can I debug it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop crashing frequently - how can I debug it?: I'm trying to fix a laptop used by a nonprofit organization that was purchased new directly from HP in November 2022. It has had several BSOD failures and has also several times suddenly displayed a completely black screen and become unresponsive to anything except holding...
  3. New laptop crashing frequently - how can I debug it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop crashing frequently - how can I debug it?: I'm trying to fix a laptop used by a nonprofit organization that was purchased new directly from HP in November 2022. It has had several BSOD failures and has also several times suddenly displayed a completely black screen and become unresponsive to anything except holding...
  4. How can I debug IE Proxy Configuration Script on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I debug IE Proxy Configuration Script on Windows 10: Hello, I have an issue with a proxy client. I am trying to debug the PAC file it puts in. When the service is disabled it is supposed to ignore the PAC file. I do not think it is. I uninstalled the service entirely, and the pac file entry is still in the scripts config, and...
  5. How can I debug IE Proxy Configuration Script on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I debug IE Proxy Configuration Script on Windows 10: Hello, I have an issue with a proxy client. I am trying to debug the PAC file it puts in. When the service is disabled it is supposed to ignore the PAC file. I do not think it is. I uninstalled the service entirely, and the pac file entry is still in the scripts config, and...
  6. How can I debug IE Proxy Configuration Script on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I disable logon screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable logon screen: when netplwiz has no such option, and user policy settings don't work, how to bypass logon screen. On Windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-logon-screen/319ba23d-468d-44be-8e53-7c317689467e
  8. How do I debug Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I debug Windows?: Sometimes my PC does some weird stuff. Specifically, nearly every day I have to kill and restart explorer.exe, as my start bar just stops working after i've done some combination of locking my pc, turning off my screens and then log back in. I work as a Software Engineer,...
  9. How can i enable PIN logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can i enable PIN logon: My pc for some reason has stopped asking for my PIN when I start the computer/restart. How can I re activate or enable this? In the Group Policy I have gone to; Computer Config>Administrative Templates>System>Logon I have the "Turn on convenience pin sign-in" enabled and...
  10. Want to debug and learn how to debug Windows 10 BSOD on Dell Latitude

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Want to debug and learn how to debug Windows 10 BSOD on Dell Latitude: I recently did an inplace update of Windows 7 pro to Windows 10. This is a fairly new Dell laptop but after a number of months working fine, I started to get BSODs in Windows 7. My hope was that the Windows 10 upgrade would solve the BSOD issues, but they continue. At this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how change sequence of login user windows10

2. login sequence windows 10

3. windows 10 login debug

4. windows 10 logon debugging,
  5. Windows 10 logon sequence,
  6. debug windows logon