Windows 10: How can I disable specific buttons on my laptop keyboard?

Discus and support How can I disable specific buttons on my laptop keyboard? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to disable specific buttons on my laptop's keyboard (MSI EX610). The issue: my keyboard got some liquid spilt in it and since then there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by csenger41, Oct 2, 2016.

1. csenger41 Win User

How can I disable specific buttons on my laptop keyboard?

I would like to disable specific buttons on my laptop's keyboard (MSI EX610).
    The issue: my keyboard got some liquid spilt in it and since then there is a fake wake button pressing 3-10 times per second, although I have no such button on my keyboard.
    I have found the Windows and BIOS keycode for it with Passmark Keyboard Test, but wasn't able to disable it with any software I found so far, since all of them only show the available buttons.
    Could someone please give me a link to a software that would do the trick or a registry hack?

:)

csenger41, Oct 2, 2016
  2. bitslave Win User

How can I disable buttons and screen (Bing , Back, Search) when viewing Podcasts?

You may be able to get a case that fully encloses the handset.

bitslave, Oct 2, 2016
  3. webguy 7 Win User
    How can I disable buttons and screen (Bing , Back, Search) when viewing Podcasts?

Yes the capacitive buttons are terrible idea, There should be a hold delay of a second or two before action is taken to account for misguided touches. I know others have suggested it already.

I can keep track of the podcast if the bing or back button is pressed but if the screen is touched in the wrong way it will FF the podcast to the end.

This has happened to me countless times.

webguy 7, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

How can I disable specific buttons on my laptop keyboard?

1. How can I disable specific buttons on my laptop keyboard? - Similar Threads - disable specific buttons

2. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  3. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  4. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  6. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  7. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  8. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  9. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How can I bock or disable the keyboard of a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I bock or disable the keyboard of a laptop?: One of my keys presses itself for a while every few minutes, for that I have a usb keyboard but I need to bock the one on the laptop. How can I do it ? Thank you submitted by /u/durkscarf [link] [comments]...